This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
A couple of weeks ago I entered and won a giveaway sponsored by Wholly Guacamole over at live, laugh, rowe.....Thank you so much Kelly!!! I saw a tweet the day that I signed up for twitter and I followed it to Kelly's website and I entered to win a cooler full of Wholly Guacamole products.....I had no idea what to expect. Two days after I gave Kelly my information, the UPS guy showed up with my cooler...
and inside I found...
Wholly Guacamole is right!!! I had no idea that they even have salsa 🙂 So my little brain started spinning out of control thinking about all of the cool recipes that I could create. One of the boxes said "avocado is our mayonnaise" and that got me thinking about chicken burgers. Giada De Laurentiis has a recipe for Rosemary Chicken Burgers that uses mayo to hold them together and keep them moist. So in theory, I could use guacamole instead of mayonnaise, right? Right!
How to make Wholly Guacamole Chicken Burgers:
Place ground chicken in a large bowl.
Add the homestyle guacamole. Mix together with your hands, this is the easiest way.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
Form chicken into 6 patties, and cook until no longer pink inside (165 degrees). You may have to cook in batches.
Toast hamburger buns. Spread additional guacamole on bottom bun.
Add burger patty, then top with tomato, lettuce and onion slices.
Cover with top bun.
Serve with tortilla chips and salsa.
These Wholly Guacamole Chicken Burgers are delicious!
- Homestyle Wholly Guacamole contains: cilantro, tomato, onion, sea salt, lime, and serrano peppers. It is zesty, but not spicy.
- I won a Wholly Guacamole contest and I am using my prize to create fun recipes for my family. I am not being paid or sponsored by Wholly Guacamole, I just love their products.....that's why I entered the contest!
- There were homemade hamburger buns in the freezer left over from the last time we had burgers, and dinner was done in 30 minutes.
More delicious recipes that use guacamole:
Make your own Guacamole
Wholly Guacamole Chicken Burgers
- 2 pounds ground chicken
- 7 ounce package Homestyle Wholly Guacamole or guacamole of your choice
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 7 ounce package Wholly Guacamole I used classic
- 6 hamburger buns
- lettuce, tomato, onions
- Place ground chicken in a large bowl.
- Add the homestyle guacamole.
- Mix together with your hands, this is the easiest way.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet.
- Form chicken into 6 patties, and cook until no longer pink inside (165 degrees). You may have to cook in batches.
- Toast hamburger buns.
- Spread additional guacamole on bottom bun.
- Add burger patty.
- Add tomato, lettuce, onion slices.
- Cover with top bun.
- Serve with tortilla chips and salsa.