This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Welcome back for week 3 of our Clean Eating Challenge. This week I made Guacamole Linguine with grilled chicken, whole-wheat linguine, and a creamy guacamole sauce. Deeelicious! It is also super easy to throw together, so it’s perfect for those busy weeknights when you’re looking for something wholesome…..and fast! My son is still not a fan of whole-wheat pasta, the texture is a bit different. Personally, I like the added texture and flavor!
I adapted this recipe from The Best of Clean Eating 3, it just needed a few tweaks to make it perfect. Are you sitting down? I used chicken instead of beef…shocking, I know! I also added green onion and garlic to the actual guacamole sauce, and seasoned the chicken. See, just a few adjustments! I just can’t leave well enough alone, I like to change things up. My grocery store does not sell whole-wheat Fettuccine, so I went with Linguine instead. Use whichever one that you prefer.
How to make Guacamole Linguine
Start by cooking your linguine according to the directions on the package. Drain and set aside. Pound the chicken between two sheets of plastic wrap to make it even, and season with garlic, onion, chili, and cumin powders.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet, and cook chicken until no longer pink inside.
Remove from pan and set aside to rest.
In a large bowl, mash the avocado until smooth.
Stir in the lime juice, yogurt, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste.
add the green onions and stir to thoroughly combine.
Add the drained pasta and toss to coat with the guacamole.
Divide the pasta among four plates, and top with sliced 1/4th of chicken and tomatoes. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve.
More delicious recipes with guacamole:
- Wholly Guacamole Chicken Burgers
- California Chicken Club Sandwich
- California Burgers
- Chicken Tostadas
- Chicken Enchilada Pizza
- 8 ounces whole-wheat linguine or any shaped pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, cumin (to season chicken)
- 1 ripe avocado peeled and pitted
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup Fage plain Greek yogurt*
- 1 large clove fresh garlic pressed or finely minced
- 1 green onion chopped
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 3 Roma tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro to garnish
- Cook linguine according to the package directions, strain and set aside.
- Season chicken breasts with garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and cumin. I just sprinkle it on both sides straight out of the bottle, no measuring.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet and cook chicken until no longer pink and cooked thoroughly.
- Remove to a plate and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the avocado with a fork until smooth.
- Add the lime juice, yogurt, garlic, and green onion and stir until combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the drained linguine and stir to thoroughly coat.
- Divide pasta among four plates, and top with 1/4th of the sliced chicken strips and tomatoes. Garnish with cilantro and