This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
This California Chicken Club Sandwich with seasoned chicken breasts, crispy bacon, melted Monterrey Jack cheese, and zesty guacamole is the best sandwich that you will ever make!
I also made Southwest Sweet Potato Fries with this delicious sandwich...perfect combination! This should make all of the non-beef eating fans happy.
Chicken Club Sandwich ingredients:
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
- garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano to season the chicken.
- cooked bacon.
- Monterrey Jack cheese - feel free to use Pepper Jack if you want spicy!
- guacamole to tie all of the flavors together.
How to make a California Chicken Club Sandwich:
Start by pounding the chicken breasts until they are even, then cut them into 4 pieces.
Season with garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Heat a Tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet, and cook chicken until no longer pink.
Remove from heat, top with cheese, and cover with a lid until cheese is melted.
Toast the hamburger buns.
Place chicken on bun.
Top with un-cured, sulfite-free, organic bacon.
Everyone needs this California Chicken Club Sandwich in their life!!
- This is my favorite Guacamole recipe in case you need one.
- This is my favorite Homemade Hamburger Buns recipe.
- This sandwich is also delicious on grilled sourdough bread.
Tools used to create this recipe:
You can see the rest of my favorite kitchen tools and gadgets here in my Amazon Affiliate Page. I earn a small commission when you purchase through my links, at no cost to you, so I can keep bringing you more delicious recipes!
More California inspired recipes:
- California Burgers
- California Style Hot Dogs
- Grilled California Club - on sourdough bread
- Frisco Burgers - on grilled sourdough bread
- Shredded Beef Enchiladas
California Chicken Club Sandwich
- 1.25 pounds chicken breasts (pounded, cut into 4 pieces.)
- 0.5 tablespoon garlic powder
- 0.5 tablespoon onion powder
- 0.5 tablespoon dried oregano leaves or ground
- 4 slices Monterrey Jack Pepper Jack or white cheddar cheese
- 8 slices thick-sliced bacon cooked
- .25 cup guacamole or more to your liking
- 4 hamburger buns
- lettuce and tomato
- Place chicken between two pieces of plastic wrap. Pound with a rolling pin until an even thickness is achieved.
- Slice each piece in half, so you have four chicken breast pieces.
- Season with garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano.
- Cook over medium heat until chicken no longer pink.
- Remove from heat and place cheese on each chicken breast. Cover pan with a lid to melt the cheese.
- Toast hamburger buns, and top with chicken, bacon, guacamole, lettuce and tomato.