Today is the day that you are finally going to get the recipe for the Southwest Sweet Potato Fries that I have been talking about all week! They are sweet, crispy, and have a bit of spice to tone down the sweetness of the sweet potatoes…..
I LOVE sweet potato fries, even more than regular potato fries…..unless they are from McDonald’s. 😉 I decided to use the same recipe that I created for the Southwest Roasted Potatoes and change the shape to wedges and make them fries.
How to make Southwest Sweet Potato Fries:
I started by weighing my potatoes…..
These are pretty big potatoes, so you may end up with more if yours are smaller. I cut them into even sized wedges…..
I have no clue why I peeled them!! You can leave the skin on, and they will hold their shape better. 🙂 Anyway, place them in a bowl and toss them with the olive oil…..
Now mix your seasonings and panko crumbs together in a separate bowl…..
and toss them together to coat…..
Spread out on a baking sheet that has been covered with a silpat or parchment paper…..
Bake in a preheated 450 degree oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside…..
OMG, these were so good! They had enough kick to not be boring, but not enough to burn my mouth! As you can see in the first photo, I eat mine with Dairy-free Ranch Dressing.
more delicious potato recipes:
Southwest Sweet Potato Fries
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup panko crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with silpat or parchment paper, set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together panko, cumin, chili powder, onion powder, garlic powder, coriander, salt, pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix potato wedges with olive oil.
- Sprinkle panko mixture over the potatoes, and toss together.
- Pour potatoes onto the prepared baking sheet, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until crispy on the outside and tender on the inside.