This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Next up at my Cinco de Mayo fiesta, is one of my absolute favorites.....Shredded Beef Enchiladas! This is one of those meals that comes together easily, if you plan in advance, and after you have made them half a dozen times!
These are the kind of Shredded Beef Enchiladas that blow the ones at your local Mexican restaurant away! I have served them at several Cinco de Mayo parties in the past, and they are always a hit. Am I bragging? Yes, but I want you to make these. They really are worth the effort!! 😉
How to make Shredded Beef Enchiladas:
Start by heating 1/4 inch of oil in a frying pan. Cook corn tortillas one at a time, turning once just until limp and blistered.....
You just need them to be pliable, not crispy like a taco shell. Drain on paper towels.....
Now spread 1 cup of Red Chile Enchilada Sauce in a 10 by 15 inch baking dish.....
and set aside. Place 1/4 cup of Mexican Shredded Beef in the center of the tortilla and roll.....
Place seam side down in the prepared pan.....
Cover with remaining sauce.....
and sprinkle with shredded cheese.....
I use Queso Fresco and Sharp Cheddar.....
but you could also use Monterrey Jack. (We don't have Monterrey Jack in Iowa). Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 minutes, until heated through and the cheese is melted.....
Serve with shredded lettuce, guacamole, sour cream/Greek yogurt, black olives, salsa, extra sauce. Whatever your little heart desires. 🙂
They are so delicious.....
but I said that already. I went easy on the sauce, because it was the first time that I had made that version...and I was afraid it might be too spicy. The sauce was perfect, so I poured more on the next day while I was enjoying my leftovers.....
That's right, that entire plate is leftovers!!
Recipes used to make these Shredded Beef Enchiladas:
- Mexican Shredded Beef
- Instant Pot Mexican Style Shredded Beef - same great flavor made even easier!
- Red Chile Enchilada Sauce - authentic style sauce
- Easy Enchilada Sauce - no soaking or blending required
- Mexican Rice - Instant Pot Spanish Rice
Some additional enchilada recipes for you to try:
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Creamy Seafood Enchiladas - with a creamy white sauce
- Simple Chicken Enchiladas Verdes
Shredded Beef Enchiladas
- 12 small corn tortillas (6-inches)
- oil for frying
- 3 cups red enchilada sauce
- 3 cups Mexican-style shredded beef
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I used Queso Fresco and cheddar)
- sour cream/Greek yogurt
- shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat a 1/4 inch of oil in a small frying pan over medium-high heat.
- When oil is hot, cook each tortilla just until limp and slightly blistered, turning once. (About 10 seconds per side.) Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Spread 1 cup of enchilada sauce in the bottom of a 10 by 15 inch baking dish, set aside.
- Roll a 1/4 cup of shredded beef in each tortilla. Place seam side down in the prepared pan.
- Cover filled tortillas with remaining sauce and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake until hot in the center, and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
- Garnish with sour cream, guacamole, shredded lettuce, olives, salsa.