This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Greens Pizza is a healthier option to traditional pizza that is delicious enough to impress everyone in the family! Bake the crust, top with pesto, arugula, olive oil and Parmesan for a sensational flavor combination!
I could live on pizza every day of the year, and sometimes I do. This past month has been a flurry of flour and yeast while I try to perfect my Italian pizza crust. Weeeeeel, that didn't exactly happen yet, but this Greens Pizza is almost as amazing as the Greens Pizza that my friend Sandy and I have been ordering from the Lincoln Wine Bar in Mt. Vernon, Iowa.
The wine bar has the added benefit of a true Italian made pizza oven, and a pizza chef that was trained by a true Italian pizza maker! I cannot compete with their toys and skills, but I can give it one heck of a try to duplicate that pizza at home.
Looking for delicious Instant Pot Recipes? Sign up for a FREE Top 10 Instant Pot Recipes e-Book and receive future recipes delivered to your inbox!
Recipe Notes & Tips:
- Substitute your favorite pizza dough recipe if you like.
- All ovens cook differently, keep an eye on your pizza!
How to make Greens Pizza:
Place your dough on a piece of parchment paper and pat down into a circle.
Brush with olive oil and slide the parchment paper and dough onto a super hot baking stone. Make sure you preheat your oven for 1 to 2 hours before you plan on baking your pizza so it is really hot. Bake for 3 minutes and check to see that it is not overdone.
Remove from oven and spread the Basil Pesto over the top, then top with the freshest arugula that you can buy.
Drizzle with high quality olive oil, season with sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, and sprinkle with finely grated Parmesan cheese.
Recipes & Tools used to create greens pizza:
- Italian Pizza Dough using Tipo "00" Flour
- How to Proof Dough in Instant Pot
- Basil Pesto
- Pizza Stone
- Wooden Pizza Peel
- Cheese Grater
- Tipo "00" flour
More delicious pizza recipes:
- Prosciutto-Arugula Pizza
- Sausage and Kale Pizza
- Shrimp Pesto Pizza
- Grilled Peach and Arugula Pizza
- Grilled Pizza Margherita
- Shrimp Scampi Pizza - no greens but insanely delicious!
If you love this recipe, please rate it five stars and help me share on facebook and to help other readers in our community!
- 1 pound Italian Pizza Dough (chilled overnight)
- .25 cup basil pesto
- 4 cups arugula
- .25 cup Parmesano-Reggiano cheese (finely grated)
- high quality olive oil to drizzle over the top
- sea salt & black peper
- Place baking stone in cold oven and heat to 550 degrees 1 hour before you are ready to cook your pizza.
- Place pizza dough on a sheet of parchment paper. Pat down and shape pizza dough into a circle, 12 to 13-inches in diameter.
- Lightly brush the top of pizza dough with olive oil.
- Slide parchment paper and pizza dough onto hot baking stone.
- Bake for 3 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Remove from oven and spread with basil pesto.
- Top with arugula leaves, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Finish pizza with finely grated Parmesan cheese, slice and serve.