This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Last Updated on October 2, 2022 by Lisa Johnson
“Every Who down in Who-ville liked Christmas a lot. . .but the Grinch, who lived just north of Who-ville, did NOT!” While I do realize that Christmas is more than 6 weeks away, the election is tomorrow and I cannot wait for it to be over!
The Grinch’s heart grew three sizes and he learned the error of his ways, I only hope that whatever the outcome is tomorrow, everyone is Who-ville, I mean America, will stop being a Grinch and start working together to fix some very deep wounds that have been caused by this election season.
My suggestion, we serve everyone Naughty or Nice Grinch Hot Chocolate!! I’m not exactly sure which is Naughty and which is Nice….the one with the alcohol or the extract…but both of absolutely delicious!!
I tried and tried to get that nasty, pea green color…but it was not to be. I finally found the correct green coloring to use and it is listed below!
What you will need
Just a few ingredients
How to make Grinch Hot Chocolate
Add milk and chopped white chocolate to a medium saucepan. Heat over LOW heat until chocolate is melted and milk is heated through.
Remove from heat and add green coloring.
Pour into mugs and “flavor” with your choice of Naughty or Nice flavorings.
Top with whipped topping, green sprinkles, and red heart.
One thing for sure, this Grinch Hot Chocolate will keep you warm during the holiday season!!
Tools used to create this recipe
You can see the rest of my favorite kitchen tools and gadgets here in my Amazon Affiliate Page. I earn a small commission when you purchase through my links, at no cost to you, so I can keep bringing you more delicious recipes!
- I used a Ghrirardelli White Chocolate Premium Baking Bar, it’s the kind you find in the baking aisle.
- Electric Green Gel Color is the one you need to get the correct shade of Grinch green!
- Jumbo Red Heart Sprinkles – also great for Valentine’s Day
- Lime Green Jimmies
- Clear Glass Coffee Mugs
I have no idea why the Grinch got stuck in my head, but he did. I’m actually a bit obsessed, and I still have many more recipes in the works!
More delicious hot chocolate recipes
Additional Grinch recipes for you to enjoy
- Grinch Snowball Cookies
- Grinch Party Punch
- Grinch Popcorn
- Grinch Puppy Chow – for Max 😉
- Green Grinch Sugar Cookies with red hearts.
- Grinch Mimosa
- Grinch Brownies
- Grinch Oreo Balls
If you love this recipe, please rate it five stars and help me share on facebook and to help other readers in our community!
Grinch Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups milk I used unsweetened CashewMilk
- 4 ounces white chocolate chopped
- green food coloring
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Peppermint Schnapps or 1 teaspoon peppermint extract – see below
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Vodka
- whipped topping
- Add milk and chopped white chocolate to a medium saucepan.
- Heat over LOW heat until chocolate is melted and milk is heated through.
- Remove from heat and add green coloring.
- Pour into mugs and "flavor" with your choice of Naughty or Nice flavorings – peppermint schnapps or extract.
- Top with whipped topping, green sprinkles, and red heart.
- Once you pour the Grinch Hot Chocolate into each mug, flavor with your choice of peppermint extract, peppermint schnapps, or liqueur of your choice.
- For the “nice” version, just skip the vodka…then I would start with 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract in place of the peppermint schnapps, or 2 tablespoons of Peppermint Simple Syrup and adjust based on your personal preference.