Grinch Hot Chocolate
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Last Updated on October 2, 2022 by Lisa Johnson
“Every Who down in Who-ville liked Christmas a lot. . .but the Grinch, who lived just north of Who-ville, did NOT!” While I do realize that Christmas is more than 6 weeks away, the election is tomorrow and I cannot wait for it to be over!
The Grinch’s heart grew three sizes and he learned the error of his ways, I only hope that whatever the outcome is tomorrow, everyone is Who-ville, I mean America, will stop being a Grinch and start working together to fix some very deep wounds that have been caused by this election season.
My suggestion, we serve everyone Naughty or Nice Grinch Hot Chocolate!! I’m not exactly sure which is Naughty and which is Nice….the one with the alcohol or the extract…but both of absolutely delicious!!
I tried and tried to get that nasty, pea green color…but it was not to be. I finally found the correct green coloring to use and it is listed below!
What you will need
Just a few ingredients
How to make Grinch Hot Chocolate
Add milk and chopped white chocolate to a medium saucepan. Heat over LOW heat until chocolate is melted and milk is heated through.
Remove from heat and add green coloring.
Pour into mugs and “flavor” with your choice of Naughty or Nice flavorings.
Top with whipped topping, green sprinkles, and red heart.
One thing for sure, this Grinch Hot Chocolate will keep you warm during the holiday season!!
Tools used to create this recipe
You can see the rest of my favorite kitchen tools and gadgets here in my Amazon Affiliate Page. I earn a small commission when you purchase through my links, at no cost to you, so I can keep bringing you more delicious recipes!
- I used a Ghrirardelli White Chocolate Premium Baking Bar, it’s the kind you find in the baking aisle.
- Electric Green Gel Color is the one you need to get the correct shade of Grinch green!
- Jumbo Red Heart Sprinkles – also great for Valentine’s Day
- Lime Green Jimmies
- Clear Glass Coffee Mugs
I have no idea why the Grinch got stuck in my head, but he did. I’m actually a bit obsessed, and I still have many more recipes in the works!
More delicious hot chocolate recipes
Additional Grinch recipes for you to enjoy
- Grinch Snowball Cookies
- Grinch Party Punch
- Grinch Popcorn
- Grinch Puppy Chow – for Max 😉
- Green Grinch Sugar Cookies with red hearts.
If you love this recipe, please rate it five stars and help me share on facebook and to help other readers in our community!
Grinch Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups milk I used unsweetened CashewMilk
- 4 ounces white chocolate chopped
- green food coloring
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Peppermint Schnapps or 1 teaspoon peppermint extract – see below
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Vodka
- whipped topping
- Add milk and chopped white chocolate to a medium saucepan.
- Heat over LOW heat until chocolate is melted and milk is heated through.
- Remove from heat and add green coloring.
- Pour into mugs and "flavor" with your choice of Naughty or Nice flavorings – peppermint schnapps or extract.
- Top with whipped topping, green sprinkles, and red heart.
- Once you pour the Grinch Hot Chocolate into each mug, flavor with your choice of peppermint extract, peppermint schnapps, or liqueur of your choice.
- For the “nice” version, just skip the vodka…then I would start with 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract in place of the peppermint schnapps, or 2 tablespoons of Peppermint Simple Syrup and adjust based on your personal preference.
Ive always loved the Grinch, when the movie first came out i would watch it like once a week. Yum, i love white chocolate especially if its covered by whipped cream. I love the heart accent, too cute!
I seriously think living in your home must be like a fairy tale. You have so many fun and delicious recipes. I would love Grinch hot chocolate.. and then let’s sit around and watch the show together:)
You may be able to get the green coloring with some matcha powder; the flavor may be altered a little bit depending on how much you have to use; but it might just make this even more delicious!
Oh my gosh, I didn’t even think of matcha powder!! Thank you so much for the suggestion Katie. 🙂
So fun! Thanks for linkin’ up with What’s Cookin’ Wednesday!
Is there any way to substitute the vodka and schnapps for those who are having family dinners? This is such a great and fun idea, but I don’t need my folks drunk! Do you reckon peppermint extract would work well as a flavor substitute? Thanks!
Yes Sarah, I am so sorry that I forgot to add the peppermint extract substitution to the recipe. I would start with 1 teaspoon of peppermint extract and just skip the vodka. If you have some peppermint syrup on hand, I use 2 Tablespoons in my mochas and hot chocolate. 🙂
McCormick ‘s has neon food coloring. I’m going to try that green and maybe modify with the regular green/yellow, if needed.
Oooh, I will have to try that! Thanks so much for letting me know about it, Dusty.
Will it make a big difference in flavor whether you use whole milk or unsweetened cashew milk?
Whole milk will be thicker and creamier than cashew milk, so it’s more of a texture difference than taste difference.
Not sure whether would adjust texture or taste, but a drop or two of brown food coloring might get you the “pea green” Grinch color. ??
This looks very tasty. And perfect for my grinch husband LOL
Great. Now I have a Grinch White Choc. Cocoa to go with my Grinch Cake Mix Cookies ! Thank you. Merry Christmas !
You could probably use Peppermint Mocha creamer from Coffee-Mate too. MMmmm, my fav!
This is fantastic! Mine came out like a very rich vanilla hot cocoa with…yes, a kick. I love hot nog, but sometimes cant get past the egg idea! To make a closer grinch green, experiment with drops of red. But be careful or you will get brown!
I want to put these in my kids Christmas Eve boxes any idea how to make them so they can then pour it in their mugs and majestic it Christmas Eve pls