This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Kick up the flavor and add zing to your ribs, pot roast and chicken with this delicious Cafe Mocha Dry Rub! It is simple to make any night of the week, or make a larger batch and store to use whenever the mood for something different strikes. Make your rub as spicy or mild as your family likes, it’s all up to you.
How to make Cafe Mocha Dry Rub
Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl.
Whisk together until only a few lumps remain. (they are from the brown sugar)
Use immediately in your favorite recipe or store in an airtight container.
Cafe Mocha Rubbed Ribs with Alabama White BBQ Sauce (recipe coming soon).
As you can see, I have really enjoyed playing around with this rub!! I have made the ribs twice, once in an Instant Pot and once in the oven. Next up I think I will try this rub on steak, maybe even throw it on the grill!!
- For more spice add crushed red pepper flakes, Aleppo pepper or additional cayenne.
- For a smokier flavor use chipotle pepper in place of the chili powder.
- Keto people substitute Swerve brown for the brown sugar.
- Make sure your coffee beans are finely ground for best flavor coverage and less grittiness.
More delicious spice recipes:
Cafe Mocha Dry Rub
- 4 Tablespoons ground coffee beans finely ground, or espresso powder
- 2 Tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons sea salt
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar I used Swerve
- 2 Tablespoons onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons mustard powder
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 Tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or more to taste
- Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk together until only a few lumps remain.
- Use immediately in your favorite recipe or store in an airtight container.