It is time for breakfast with our Capricorn friends. Given the fact that the sun sign Capricorn runs from December 22nd until January 19th, I chose to go with a Christmas inspired breakfast treat…..
yep, I made another version of cinnamon rolls, Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls to be exact. Now don’t be scared off by the ginger, it is actually pretty subtle in these rolls. If you would prefer more of a ginger bite to your rolls, you might want to use fresh ginger…or increase the amount of ground ginger that you use.
I might also try adding cinnamon to the cream cheese frosting the next time that I make these, just for a little added kick. Talk about the perfect breakfast treat on Christmas morning.
Did you know that molasses contains high amounts of calcium? I had no idea!! Since I cannot have dairy, my calcium levels are always low…..leg cramps anyone! 🙁 Just one spoonful a day can help you maintain healthy bones, and is a good source of Potassium, Vitamin B6, Magnesium, and Iron as well.
A little molasses in your coffee Bradley? Sorry, I could not find a larger version of this photo on pinterest, lol
I hope all of our Capricorn friends enjoyed this month’s meal. We started with…..
Creamy Pumpkin Soup, followed by…..
Stuffed Peppers for our main course, and…..
Eggnog Creme Brulee for dessert.
Gingerbread Cinnamon Rolls
|Prep time||2 hours, 10 minutes|
|Cook time||30 minutes|
|Total time||2 hours, 40 minutes|
|Meal type||Bread, Breakfast, Snack|
- GIngerbread Cinnamon Rolls
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 3 Tablespoons hot water
- 3/4 cups warm milk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (very soft or melted)
- 1 Large organic egg (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup organic brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4 and 1/2 Cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons instant yeast
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter (softened)
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 Ounces cream cheese (softened - I used dairy-free)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (softened - 1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 Cups sifted powdered sugar
My pan was too small, and the rolls did not cook evenly. You want your rolls to have space to grow and cook evenly, so use a 9 x 13 baking pan for these cinnamon rolls.
This recipe will be partying at these link parties!