I wanted a special salad to go with my Broiled Lobster Tails, and this Whole 30 Wedge Salad with Homemade Ranch Dressing was just what I was looking for! Yes I do realize that iceberg lettuce is all water and devoid of nutrients…I don’t need 50 emails explaining that point to me, thanks. Unfortunately, stacked spinach and spring mix fall apart once the dressing is added…..
So think of this Whole 30 Wedge Salad as a special occasion salad, not as a nightly side salad with dinner. 😉
This Wedge Salad is super simple to make and can be customized however you like it.
Start by cutting a head of iceberg lettuce in half…..
Cut one half in half again to form two wedges…..
Each head of lettuce is different, so each wedge will vary in size. Place each wedge on a salad plate.
Drizzle with ranch dressing, then sprinkle the bacon, tomatoes, parsley, and diced onions over each salad…..
Add additional toppings as desired: shredded carrots, sliced mushrooms, and cucumbers.
- A Classic Wedge Salad would have blue cheese dressing and crumbled blue cheese on top, but that is a no-no on Whole 30 and Paleo. So I stuck with my favorite Homemade Whole 30 Ranch Dressing and skipped the blue cheese….I’m allergic to it, so it wouldn’t have made it’s way onto my salad either way!
- This is a salad, all toppings and amounts are merely guidelines. Adjust amounts and ingredients to fit your own tastes.
- I had planned to add toasted almond slices on top in lieu of the croutons, but I forgot. Toasted Pepitas would be good as well, or even sunflower seeds.
Some “healthier” lettuce salads that are delicious and really should be tried include…..
This Black Kale Salad
And this super yummy Couscous Salad with Peaches and Arugula
I cannot wait until peaches are back in season again. 🙂
Whole 30 Wedge Salad
|Prep time||10 minutes|
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce (cut into two halves)
- 4 Tablespoons Homemade Ranch Dressing (divided)
- 1 Slice Whole 30 approved bacon (cooked, chopped and divided)
- 10 cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
- 1 Tablespoon diced red onion (divided)
- 1 Tablespoon chopped Italian parsley (divided)
- sea salt & black pepper (to taste)
- sliced mushrooms, cucumbers, or shredded carrots
|Cut one head of lettuce in half, then in half again to create two wedges. Place each wedge on a salad plate.|
|Drizzle with ranch dressing.|
|Sprinkle the bacon, tomatoes, and green onions over each salad. Add additional toppings as desired: shredded carrots, sliced mushrooms, and cucumbers.|
|Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.|
This recipe will be partying at these link parties!