This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Here we have recipe #2 for the Athens fillo shells Super Bowl Contest. I think this one is my favorite. Teriyaki chicken in a crispy shell, almost like an egg roll without the deep frying. You have to try these Teriyaki Chicken Bites!…..
How to make Teriyaki Chicken Bites:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Chop chicken and place in a small bowl.
Add teriyaki sauce and stir to combine.
Fill fillo shells with about 1 teaspoon of chicken mixture.
Top with pineapple tidbits.
Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone liner, and bake for 5 minutes, or until heated.
Sprinkle with green onions and serve…..
Alex also loved these Teriyaki Chicken Bites, in fact he ate all of the left over chicken mixture when he got home from work. I absolutely love how simple these are to make. When I first read the rules, I thought it would be impossible to create a spectacular recipe using only 5 ingredients. Boy was I wrong. It almost makes me want to have a Super Bowl Party just so I can make these all over again! Here is the link to my Homemade Teriyaki Sauce.
More delicious appetizer recipes:
Chicken Enchilada Bites – this recipe won the Blogger Contest!
Teriyaki Chicken Bites
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken (rotisserie is perfect)
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
- 2 packages Athens mini fillo shells
- 1/4 cup minced green onions
- toasted sesame seeds to garnish - optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Chop chicken and place in a small bowl. Add teriyaki sauce and stir to combine.
- Fill fillo shells with about 1 teaspoon of chicken mixture.
- Top with pineapple tidbits.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone liner, and bake for 5 minutes, or until heated
- Sprinkle with green onions and toasted sesame seeds. Serve immediately.