This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
The quintessential Super Bowl food…..Buffalo Chicken. Okay, so maybe it is supposed to be chicken wings. The added bonus with these Buffalo Chicken Bites… you won’t need a wet wipe when you are finished!
I have tried to think of new ways to prepare the standard super bowl fare. Keep some of the recognizable favorites, but change them up a bit. I personally do not like spicy food, and I am allergic to blue cheese, so this was quite the challenge. Craig gave them a thumbs up, so I feel confident that others will enjoy them as well (he is the only one in the house that can eat them!)
These Buffalo Chicken Bites are my third entry in the Athens Phyllo Bites Contest, five ingredients in 15 minutes or less!
How to make Buffalo Chicken Bites:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine chicken with buffalo sauce in a bowl…..
Place 1 teaspoon of chicken mixture in each fillo shell, and place on a baking sheet…..
Bake for 5 minutes to heat. Slice celery stalk into very small “matchsticks”, set aside…..
Remove buffalo chicken bites from oven and top with celery sticks. Serve with Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing drizzled on top, or served on the side…..
If you are feeling really adventurous, you could even add crumbled blue cheese on top!
These Chicken Enchilada Bites won the contest…..
More delicious appetizer recipes:
- Buffalo Chicken Rangoons
- Puff Pastry Sausage Rolls
- Huli Huli Chicken Wings
- Swedish Meatballs
- Cheesy Garlic Pull-Apart Bread
- Simple Seafood Artichoke Dip
Buffalo Chicken Bites
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken (rotisserie is perfect)
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 2 packages Athens Mini Fillo Shells
- 1 stalk celery
- 1/4 cup blue cheese dressing (or ranch)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine chicken with buffalo sauce in a bowl.
- Place 1 teaspoon of chicken mixture in each fillo shell.
- Place on a baking sheet, and bake for 5 minutes.
- Slice celery stalk into very small "matchsticks", set aside.
- Place celery sticks on top of baked chicken bites.
- Drizzle with dressing and serve.
- You can split chicken in half and mix with different sauces for variety.
- Serve with additional celery sticks and dressing if desired.