This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Creamy Carrot and Cauliflower Soup is a healthy and comforting meal that is perfect on cold winter nights. This easy soup recipe is thick and creamy without adding any dairy and comes together in one pot. It’s Whole30, Paleo, dairy-free, and gluten-free too!
🥄 Do you have your spoon ready?
🥣 More Creamy Cauliflower Soup Recipes
Post and images updated on January 28, 2022 to add more detail and step-by-step images.
📋 What you will need
- A large yellow onion and fresh garlic give this soup wonderful flavor.
- Fresh carrots add a bit of sweetness and cauliflower adds texture and volume.
- Chicken stock adds richness and fresh water keeps it from overpowering the other flavors.
- Herbs de Provence is a flavorful combination of savory, marjoram, rosemary, thyme, oregano, and sometimes lavender.
- White wine vinegar adds a subtle tang to balance the sweetness of the carrots and richness of the stock.
- Flaked sea salt is not mandatory but it adds a nice punch of flavor to the finished soup, and black pepper is always a nice finishing touch.
- Ready in about 50 minutes start to finish.
Be sure to check out the detailed printable recipe card below
🧑🏻🍳 How to make Creamy Carrot and Cauliflower Soup
Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, and cook, stirring occasionally until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
Add the garlic and Herbs de Provence and cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
Pour in the stock and water.
Cover, increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Add carrots and cauliflower.
Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer until carrots and cauliflower are very tender, about 35 minutes.
Remove from heat. Using an immersion blender, puree soup CAREFULLY until smooth. Alternately, puree small batches in a blender, then return to pot.
Add the vinegar, salt and pepper, stir to combine. Ladle into bowls and serve with chopped parsley and sea salt & pepper to taste.
📌 Recipe Notes & Tips
You may have noticed that I do not usually give measurements for salt and pepper. It is such a personal taste preference, that I leave it up to your judgement. You will want to sprinkle some sea salt and fresh ground pepper on top of this soup before you eat it…..it adds just the right amount of flavor boost to make this soup sing. Okay, maybe it will make you sing…..just try it!!
✨ Recipe Modifications
For a delicious vegan soup, substitute vegetable stock/broth for the chicken stock
🥣 Tools used to create this recipe
You can see the rest of my favorite kitchen tools and gadgets here in my Amazon Affiliate Page. I earn a small commission when you purchase through my links, at no cost to you, so I can keep bringing you more delicious recipes!
- Dutch Oven or large pot
- Cutting Board & Chefs Knife
- Vegetable Peeler
- Garlic Rocker
- Wooden Turner
- Measuring Cup
- Immersion Blender
- Soup Ladle
- Maldon Sea Salt Flakes
🍲 More winter soup recipes
- Roasted Red Pepper Soup with Grilled Shrimp
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash and Apple Soup
- Instant Pot French Onion Soup
- Parmesan Gnocchi Soup
- Instant Pot Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Creamy Parsnip and Apple Soup
If you love this recipe, please rate it five stars and help me share on facebook and to help other readers in our community!
Creamy Carrot and Cauliflower Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons Herbs de Provence
- 4 cups chicken stock can substitute vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 2 pounds carrots peeled and chopped in 1/2
- 1 head cauliflower about 2 pounds, trimmed and broken into small florets
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- sea salt flakes & fresh ground pepper to taste
- chopped fresh Italian parsley for garnish
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, and cook, stirring occasionally until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Add the garlic and Herbs de Provence and cook for an additional 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add stock and water.
- Cover, increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Add carrots and cauliflower.
- Reduce heat to medium, cover and simmer until carrots and cauliflower are very tender, about 35 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Using an immersion blender, puree soup CAREFULLY until smooth. Alternately, puree small batches in a blender, then return to pot.
- Add the vinegar, salt and pepper, stir to combine.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with chopped parsley and sea salt flakes & pepper to taste.