This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
I am a huge sunset lover!! My favorite place to be, is sitting on the beach watching the sun set over the ocean. Yes, I realize that this is a post about a Tequila Sunrise and not sunset, but they are both beautiful! It is also a nice way to end this month’s Cooking with Astrology “Libra” series.
This was a very challenging meal for meal to plan, given the fact that my ex is a Libra. So I needed the extra drink! No, not really. No need for an intervention, I just thought it was a pretty drink and decided to add it as a bonus.
How to make a Tequila Sunrise Cocktail
Fill each glass hallway with crushed ice.
Add 1 1/2 Tablespoons of tequila to each glass.
Add 1/4 cup of orange juice to each glass.
Using the back of a spoon, gently pour 1 teaspoon of grenadine into the center of each glass. It will sink to the bottom, then slowly rise back to the top.
Serve without stirring.
Traditionally, a Tequila Sunrise is served in a highball glass with an orange and cherry garnish. The ratio is 3 parts Tequila – 6 parts Orange Juice – 1 part Grenadine. I decided that this smaller version was more appropriate for breakfast.
Recipes in this month’s Libra meal:
- Zucchini Fritter with Pine Nut Sauce
- Chicken Fajitas
- Caramel Custard
- Huevos Rancheros served with this beautiful Tequila Sunrise!
Tequila Sunrise Cocktail
- crushed ice
- 3 Tablespoons high-quality clear tequila I used Cabo Wabo
- 1/2 cup fresh squeezed orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grenadine
- Fill each glass hallway with crushed ice.
- Add 1 1/2 Tablespoons of tequila to each glass.
- Add 1/4 cup of orange juice to each glass.
- Using the back of a spoon, gently pour 1 teaspoon of grenadine into the center of each glass. It will sink to the bottom, then slowly rise back to the top.
- Serve without stirring.