This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
This Classic Frozen Margarita Recipe is slushy, frosty, and delicious! So simple and easy to make restaurant-quality frozen margaritas right in your own kitchen. Is it the perfect cocktail for cooling down and relaxing on those hot, sunny days.
The traditional ingredients in a Margarita are tequila, Cointreau, and lime juice...that's it! I prefer mine blender so that is what we are doing today! If you would prefer a Classic Margarita on the Rocks, head on over to that post.
Cabo Wabo and Jose Cuervo Silver are my go-to tequila brands, and I have included both lime wedges and wheels as options to garnish your cocktail along with some course salt.
Margaritas seemed like the perfect way to kick off Hispanic Heritage Month, which starts today. I don't know if it is because I grew up in Southern California, but Mexican food has always been one of my favorites!
How to make a Frozen Margarita:
Fill glasses with ice and water to chill. Pour out ice and water. Rub lime peel around the rim of glasses...
and dip into course salt. Set aside.
Pour the tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, and ice into a blender.
Blend until thick and frothy. Pour into salt-rimed glasses and serve immediately.
Tips and Tricks for making Margaritas:
If you do not need or want to finish all of the margaritas in the blender, just pour them into a zipper-top freezer bag and put it in the freezer for another time.
Alcohol does not freeze, so they will remain slushy and more like a true frozen margarita. This is also a great way to make them ahead of time for a party!!
Tools used to create this recipe:
- Citrus Juicer
- Blender - this is the newest version, it pulverizes ice!
- Margarita Glasses - these glasses are larger than most at 13.5 ounces! This recipe fills just under 4 glasses of margaritas.
- Course Salt - Kosher salt will also work.
- Chefs Knife
- Cutting Board
More delicious Margarita recipes:
- Pitcher of Margaritas
- Classic Margarita
- Frozen Mango Margaritas
- Frozen Watermelon Margaritas
- Frozen Blackberry Margaritas
- Frozen Peach Margaritas
If you love this recipe, please rate it five stars and help me share on facebook and to help other readers in our community!
- .75 cups fresh lime juice
- .75 cups high-quality silver tequila Jose Cuervo, Cabo Wabo
- 0.5 cups orange liqueur Cointreau, triple sec
- 4 cups crushed ice use 6 cups for extra thick and frozen
- course salt
- lime wedges or wheels to garnish
- Fill glasses with ice and water to chill. Pour out ice and water. Rub lime peel around the rim of glasses and dip into course salt. Set aside.
- Pour tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, and ice into a blender.
- Blend until thick and frothy. Pour into salt-rimed glasses and serve immediately.
- When you are finished squeezing the juice out of the limes, set aside the rind to use on the edge of the glass.
- If you do not need or want to finish all of the margaritas in the blender, just pour them into a zipper top freezer bag and put it in the freezer for another time.