This post may contain affiliate links. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Have I ever mentioned how much I love Asian stir-fry? Well you may have already figured that out. Stir-fry is another one of those go to meals when I am short on time and I don’t want to have to think really hard…..
I have no idea what part of China is credited with this delicious dish, I just know that it contains my two favorites…..Beef and Broccoli! Beef is my favorite protein and broccoli is my favorite vegetable. You will not believe how incredibly simple this meal is to make!!
How to make Beef and Broccoli:
Slice your sirloin into thin strips…..
Marinate for 15 minutes…..
Make a simple Cooking Sauce…..
with fresh grated ginger…..
Cut your broccoli into bite sized florets and cook in the microwave for 2 minutes…..
Brown the beef strips…..
In two separate batches…..
Quickly stir-fry the broccoli…..
add the beef…..
and the sauce…..
Wait for it to boil and thicken…..and you’re done!
Why do I cook the broccoli separately?
Because I am just that picky. I like my broccoli al dente, not mushy, and not raw. If I cook it separately in the microwave, it will be perfect!
more delicious Chinese recipes:
Beef and Broccoli
- 1 pound fresh broccoli cut into small florets
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1 pound grass-fed beef sirloin cut into thin strips
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce / tamari
- 2 large cloves garlic pressed or finely minced
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger finely grated
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 Tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 1/4 cup beef stock
- toasted sesame seeds to garnish
- Stir soy sauce and garlic together in a large bowl. Add the beef strips and marinate for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch, cayenne, ginger, dry sherry, and beef stock. Set aside.
- Place broccoli in a microwave safe bowl with 1 Tablespoon of water. Cover and cook for 2 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon of oil in a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add half of the beef strips and cook until browned.
- Remove strips to a plate, add 1 Tablespoon of oil to wok and cook remaining beef strips. Remove to plate when browned.
- Add 2 Tablespoons of oil to the wok, and stir-fry the broccoli for about a minute.
- Add the cooked beef strips, and stir to combine.
- Add the cooking sauce to the pan and stir until sauce boils and thickens.
- Serve with steamed or fried rice. Garnish with toasted sesame seeds if desired.