Hello everyone, I am doing something completely different this week. I am re-making my favorite bloggers recipes into dairy-free versions…..so I can actually eat them!
The Latin term “redux” means to revisit or reinvent, so it seemed perfect! I see a photograph on pinterest, or facebook or in the blog post it’s self, and I cannot get the image out of my head!!! I just have to make these recipes myself! This week I am finally doing something about it, starting with these Peachy Chicken Taquitos with Adobo Cream Dipping Sauce.….Holy Yum!
I saw the original recipe over at Sugar Dish Me. OMG….Heather has some truly drool worthy recipes over there! Heather’s taquitos contain cheese, so that’s the first thing to go. Her adobo dipping sauce is made with Greek yogurt, so that had to go as well! I can eat Greek yogurt, Alex cannot 🙁 I am not a fan of jalapenos, so I opted to use the abobo sauce from the can of chillies. I only had a choice between fajita or burrito sized tortillas, so I went with 10 fajita sized instead of 14 smaller ones.
As you can see, I changed a lot! I could have posted this recipe and never mentioned Heather’s recipe, but that is not the type of person that I am. I believe in giving credit where credit is due, and I never would have thought to put peaches in taquitos! Thank you Heather 🙂 The first time that I made them, I poured the sauce over the top when I served them…..
but then you have to eat them with a fork. I prefer using my fingers and dipping…..that’s just how I roll! We have made these twice already, and we all loved them…as in the kids were fighting over the leftovers…they are that good!
Peachy Chicken Taquitos
|Prep time||15 minutes|
|Cook time||45 minutes|
|Total time||1 hour|
|Meal type||Main Course|
- 2 1/2 Cups shredded, cooked chicken (1 rotisserie chicken is perfect)
- 1 Medium sweet yellow onion (halved, and thinly sliced)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon non-dairy butter (or regular butter)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 Cups fresh peaches (peeled, pitted, and chopped)
- 1 Tablespoon adobo chili sauce (from a can of adobo chilies)
- 10 Fajita sized flour tortillas (medium sized - not tiny, but not huge)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (for brushing)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk (for thicker sauce, only use the thick layer on top)
- 2 Tablespoons adobo chili sauce
This recipe can be found partying at these parties: