Yes, I do realize that Galactic Brownies are not Czech….but after the Milky Way Martinis, I just couldn’t resist! Our Aquarius friends are friendly, free-thinkers that desire their freedom. Oprah Winfrey, Jennifer Anniston, Jack Nicholas, Justin Timberlake, and Alecia Keys just to name a few…..
I love the way these brownies turned out, and the way they taste!! I wanted a spacey kind of look, so I swirled in a cream cheese filling that I colored with gel food coloring. Then dotted the top with white chocolate morsel “stars”. I wish Alex had left behind a C3P0 or Darth Vader toy, so I could have used them for the pictures! 😉
If you already know how to make brownies, you might want to skip down to the recipe. 🙂
How to make Galactic Brownies:
First we melt our butter and chocolate in the microwave…..
Whisk until smooth…..
Whisk in the sugar…..
then whisk in the eggs and vanilla…..
now stir in the flour…..
Now before we stir in our white chocolate morsels, grab a handful and save them for the topping…..
stir the chips into the batter and pour into a prepared baking pan. Now we make our filling. Beat the cream cheese, egg, and sugar together until smooth…..
The cream cheese needs to be room temperature, or you will never get it smooth! Add some blue gel coloring to make it look like outer space…..
as you can see, I do not measure the coloring. I add a small amount and then add more if the color is not right. Start small, you can always add more! Now scoop the filling, and drop it onto the brownie batter…..
You can see that my filling still has white streaks, I wanted a streaky look…..like the Milky Way! Now swirl the filling into the brownie batter…..
You want this to be random. At this point, I added the reserved white chocolate morsels…..and they all MELTED! There were just holes left behind…..So I suggest that you bake them and add the chocolate morsels after they come out of the oven…..
I had to add new ones to fill in all of the holes. I just stuck them in randomly all over the top to look like stars. 🙂
They are also studded throughout the center of the brownies…..
I am not a huge fan of white chocolate, so I only used a 1/2 cup (minus the reserved handful) inside the brownies. Feel free to add a full cup if you would like more “stars”!!
Recipes in this aquarius meal:
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate I used Bakers
- 3/4 cups unsalted butter
- 2 Cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white chocolate morsels scoop out and reserve a handful
Cream Cheese Filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature - I used dairy-free
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- dark blue gel coloring I used Duff's Saphire Blue
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cover a 9" square baking pan with parchment paper leaving the ends long to use as a handle. Spray with baking spray, set aside.
- Place chocolate and butter in a large microwavable bowl. Heat on HIGH for 2 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Stir in the sugar. Whisk in the eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour, just until combined. Stir in the white chocolate morsels, reserving a handful for the topping.
Cream Cheese Filling:
- Beat cream cheese, sugar, and egg together until smooth. Add dark blue gel coloring and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Drop filling on top of brownie batter using a large spoon.
- Swirl filling into brownie batter with a knife or the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when stuck into the center of the brownies.
- Remove brownies from pan and place on a cooling rack. Stick reserved chocolate morsels into the top of the brownies to mimic stars. Allow to cool completely before serving.