This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
For some reason every time I try to create a recipe using walnuts, my mind goes to baklava! I’m sure there are many delicious recipes that are perfect when made with walnuts, but I just can’t get baklava out of my head!!
The very nice people at California Walnuts sent me a bag of delicious walnuts, and I really, really did try to come up with something exciting and different.
and I did, but they are still inspired by baklava. Maybe it is because my brain was in Greece during the entire month of July. Maybe it is because I really do love baklava, I just don’t necessarily like standing in the kitchen for an hour and a half brushing butter on individual sheets of filo dough, LOL These Baklava Honey-Glazed Walnuts give you the flavors of baklava, without the butter and hard work.
What you need to make this recipe
- lemon peel
- a pinch of salt
How to make Baklava Honey-Glazed Walnuts
Start by mixing all of the ingredients together in a bowl…..
Pour the mixture out onto a silpat or parchment paper lined baking sheet. Make sure to spread them out into a single layer…..
Place in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10 minutes, and voila…..
They will be hot and bubbly, and smell delicious! Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely! They will be sticky and gooey, but don’t worry, they will harden up as they cool. Break them apart and store in a sealed container…or eat them all…your choice!!
More delicious walnut recipes:
- Baklava Cookies
- Vegan Chocolate Walnut Fudge Ice Cream
- Baklava Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls
- Mexican Wedding Cookies
Baklava Honey-Glazed Walnuts
- 2 cups California Walnuts
- 8 teaspoons honey 2 Tablespoons + 2 teaspoons
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated lemon peel
- ¾ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
- Pour out onto a silpat/parchment lined baking sheet. Make sure to spread them out in a single layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Store in a sealed container.