This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Remember those Chocolate Chip Cookies from the other day? Well, you might also remember that I mentioned Homemade Kale Chips. Well, actually Diane my neighbor mentioned Kale Chips. She had seen them in the stores, but wasn’t sure that they were worth the money and I was wondering the same thing!
What do they taste like? Are they really worth $5.99 for a small bag?
Ummm, No…not really! So I made my own.
How to make Homemade Kale Chips:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Separate the bunch of kale.
Using a knife, remove the thick stem that runs down the center of each section.
Tear or chop leafy green portion into bite sized pieces.
Wash and thoroughly dry kale.
In a large bowl, toss kale with oil and seasoned salt.
Spread kale out on a baking sheet and bake until edges begin to brown, about 10 – 15 minutes.
Allow to cool before serving.
They were actually really simple to make. I went with a basic Garlic/Sea Salt/Pepper mixture and they were…..interesting! Diane and I had both expected them to taste bitter, which thankfully they did not. She was not impressed with them, and was definitely glad that she had not spent the money to try them.
My bunch of Kale cost $1.99 and it almost filled a small zipper top bag. I already have a store brand Garlic/Sea Salt/Pepper mix and olive oil, so it is definitely less expensive to make it yourself. You also get to control the amount of seasonings! 🙂
More delicious snack recipes:
- Sweet Potato Chips
- Cinnamon Sugar Pretzel Goldfish Crackers
- Baklava Hone-Glazed Walnuts
- Sesame Crackers
- Salsa Verde Popcorn
- Grinch Puppy Chow
So…..have you ever tried Kale Chips?
- 1 bunch kale
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, pepper, sea salt or seasoned salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Separate the bunch of kale.
- Using a knife, remove the thick stem that runs down the center of each section.
- Tear or chop leafy green portion into bite sized pieces.
- Wash and thoroughly dry kale.
- In a large bowl, toss kale with oil and seasoned salt.
- Spread kale out on a baking sheet and bake until edges begin to brown, about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool before serving.