This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
You may start to think that I have my holidays confused over the next couple of weeks, but I promise that I don’t. These Sweet and Spicy Almonds are part of a Celebrate Summer Tapas Party that I threw last weekend. Spanish food is kind of like Mexican food, right? Anyhoo, I literally threw all of these recipes together the day of the party before the guests arrived!
No Tapas Party would be complete without spiced almonds. I decided to give my favorite Southwest Seasoning a try to season my almonds, and they turned out even better than I had hoped! A touch of heat from the chili powder, and a bit of sweetness from the brown sugar, rounded out by the garlic and onion powders…..perfection!
They are really simple to make as well.
How to make Sweet and Spicy Almonds:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner, set aside. Whisk together the oil and spices in a medium bowl…..
Add the almonds and toss to coat…..
Spread out on prepared baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes…..
Stir and cook for an additional 5 minutes, until toasted. Cool completely before serving…..
Store your Sweet and Spicy Almonds in an airtight container for up to 5 days, assuming they last that long! 😉
Tapas Party recipes:
Baklava Honey-Glazed Walnuts would be an awesome addition as well.
Sweet & Spicy Almonds
- 2 cups whole almonds
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 Tablespoon chili powde
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper/silpat, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oil and spices.
- Add almonds and stir to completely coat with mixture.
- Spread out on prepared baking sheet, place in oven and bake for 5 minutes.
- Stir almonds and bake for an additional 5 minutes, until toasted.
- Cool almonds completely before serving.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- This recipe makes about 2 cups of Sweet and Spicy Almonds.
- Serving size = 1/4 cup as a snack