This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
One of my all-time favorites ‘entrée salad recipes' is this Classic Cobb Salad. This easy to make salad is loaded with, bacon, tomato, avocado, blue cheese, hard-boiled eggs, crisp lettuce, and juicy chicken. Top it off with homemade ranch dressing or dressing of your choice.
I can now say that I have been to Tiffin, Iowa. I am not sure how I ended up there, but I drove through this afternoon on my way to Coralville. I needed to go down to the Amana Colonies to buy additional Christmas ornaments for my daughter's host families in Belgium. Of course they were sold out. I was on my way to the Outlet Mall in Williamsburg, and apparently made a wrong turn.
I never made it to Williamsburg, but I did find myself at the Coral Ridge Mall in Coralville. It is days like today that I really miss living in a big city. I could not find Iowa themed ornaments anywhere!
I did manage to find a National Geographic Scenes of America calendar to send. I may have found a couple of new cookbooks while in Barnes and Noble. Sadly the highlight of my day was the soft pretzel bites I ate on the drive home! Luckily Cobb Salad is incredibly easy to make when your day is a disaster and you need something fast!!
Classic Cobb Salad Ingredients:
The classic Cobb salad is an entrée garden salad typically made with chopped salad greens (butter lettuce and romaine lettuce), diced tomato, crispy bacon, chicken breast, hard-boiled eggs, avocado, chives, crumbled blue cheese, and red-wine vinaigrette.
I personally prefer homemade ranch, but I have included links to all of my salad dressing recipes below so you can choose your favorite as well.
How to make a Classic Cobb Salad:
Cook the bacon in a skillet on medium heat until crispy on both sides. Remove from skillet and place on paper towels to drain. Once cooled, chop into bite sized pieces.
Peel hard-boiled eggs and cut into quarters.
Wash lettuces and drain in a colander. Cut or tear into bite sized pieces and mix with parsley and green onions. Place on a large platter or in a decorative bowl.
Arrange chicken, avocado, tomato, and eggs over lettuce.
Serve with dressing on the side.
Salad Dressing recipes:
- Homemade Ranch Dressing - instructions for dairy-free and regular
- Whole 30 Ranch Dressing
- Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Chipotle Ranch Dressing - if you want to spice things up!
- Citrus Vinaigrette
- Sweet Onion and Citrus Dressing
- Hot Bacon Dressing - say yes!!
- Instant Pot Faux-tisserie Chicken is a fast way to make chicken for your salads. Rotisserie chicken from the grocery store is also quick and delicious.
- Super easy to make and peel Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs.
Additional Entrée Salad Recipes:
- Clean Cobb Salad for a healthier spin on this old classic, it has Paleo options as well!
- Pina Colada Shrimp Salad
- Cilantro Lime Steak Salad
- Beef Taco Salad Bowls
- Chef's Salad
- Tex-Mex Chopped Chicken Salad
- Asian Sesame Chicken Salad
If you love this recipe, please rate it five stars and help me share on facebook and to help other readers in our community!
- 6 slices uncured bacon
- 3 large hard-boiled eggs quartered
- 1 head romaine lettuce (torn into bite-sized pieces)
- 1 head Boston lettuce (torn into bite-sized pieces)
- 0.5 bunch Italian parsley (choppped)
- 1 bunch green onions (green parts only - chopped)
- 1 ripe avocado (diced)
- 2 cups shredded chicken (leftover or rotisserie is perfect)
- 2 Roma tomatoes (diced)
- .75 cup crumbled blue cheese (optional)
- Cook the bacon in a skillet on medium heat until crispy on both sides. Remove from skillet and place on paper towels to drain. Once cooled, chop into bite sized pieces.
- Peel hard-boiled eggs and cut into quarters.
- Wash lettuces and drain in a colander. Cut into bite sized pieces and mix with parsley and green onions. Place on a large platter or in a decorative bowl.
- Arrange chicken, avocado, tomato, blue cheese, and eggs over lettuces.
- Serve with dressing on the side.