This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Are you ready to welcome the new year? Do you have any goals or changes that you are planning on making? I don’t make resolutions, but I do set goals for myself and this year I am going to start my second Whole 30 Challenge…Whole 30 Diet….whatever you want to call it, it is a great way to start the new year off on the right foot! Here is my Whole 30 Game Plan 2.0…..
I completed my first Whole 30 Challenge 2 years ago. It was a way for me to change my eating habits, squash my cravings for sugar, and figure out a few more of my food allergies, and it worked great….until I went back to eating whatever I wanted 6 months later…as most people do. You can’t beat yourself up, you just have to get your head in the right place and dive right back in!!
What I learned from my first Whole 30 Challenge:
I relied way to heavily on potatoes! Starchy, semi-sweet, crazy delicious potatoes ended up being a hindrance to actual weight loss.
La Croix sparkling water will become your new best friend!!! Although I will warn you, drink it through a straw. My dentist knew immediately that I was drinking something bubbly from the chemical erosion it was causing to my teeth. 🙁 Cherry-Lime is my favorite by the way!
Plan, plan, and plan some more!! Have a REALLY good idea of what you are going to eat and make it ahead of time. You do not want to just “wing it”, that is when it becomes way too easy to grab something to eat that you shouldn’t.
I could not have survived without my Instant Pot!! Being able to throw things into the pot and let it cook without much effort from me was a lifesaver. Cooking a large pork or chuck roast is super easy and gives you tons of leftovers to get you through the week! 🙂
Whole 30 Game Plan 2.0:
More greens and less potatoes! More fish and less red meat!
Get more adventurous with breakfast, lol. My go-to breakfast is 1 egg yolk and 2 egg whites scrambled in butter/ghee served with 2 slices of bacon or chicken sausage…every-single-day!!
Even more super quick recipes. The easier the better, right? My goal is to create delicious meals that can be thrown together quickly, since we all know that meal planning is a learned skill that not all of us have acquired yet. 😉
Whole 30 Compliant Recipes:
These are new recipes that were created after my original Whole 30 Game Plan post that contains 42 recipes!
- Orange Salmon with Roasted Vegetables – 35 minutes
- Fish Tacos – use lettuce for the tortilla -33 minutes
- Simple Cod with Sauteed Spinach – 25 minutes
- Southwest Paleo Chicken Tenders – 30 minutes – yes they are Whole30!
- Shredded Carrots with Bacon – perfect side dish with with fried eggs – 35 minutes
- Instant Pot Salsa Verde Pork – 1 hour and 45 minutes total – perfect on salads or in lettuce wraps
- Instant Pot Chunky Beef Chili – 1 hour 5 minutes
- Instant Pot Salsa Chicken – super easy about 45 minutes total, completely hands free cooking – perfect on salads
- Sheet Pan Greek Chicken Dinner – 45 minutes
- Sheet Pan Roast Chicken Thighs – 45 minutes
- Caesar Salad Dressing – 10 minutes
- Citrus Vinaigrette – 10 minutes
- Easy Enchilada Sauce – 15 minutes – I have some chicken enchilada bowl ideas that I’m working on
- Arugula Salad with Fennel and Blood Oranges – 15 minutes
- Kale Broccoli Detox Salad – 15 minutes
- Instant Pot Tomato Basil Soup – 25 to 40 minutes
- Roasted Tomato Rosemary Soup – 1 hour 5 minutes
- Instant Pot Squash and Apple Soup – 30 to 45 minutes
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes – 18 to 30 minutes
That makes a grand total of 51 recipes to choose from to help you get started! 🙂 The basics like Easy Blender Mayonnaise, Whole 30 Ranch Dressing, and Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs can all be found in the original Whole 30 Game Plan post. The Whole 30 Rules and Tools can be found in the original post as well. I didn’t think that you would want to read through it twice. 😉
The very nice people that created my recipe cards have just come out with a groovy new tool to design Meal Plans!!! My goal is to put together some Weekly Whole30 Meal Plans…fingers crossed that it is easy to figure out how to use!
P.S. Make sure you pin this post so you can come back throughout the month!!!