I don’t know what it is with me and the color green? I know that the “official” colors of Halloween are black and orange, but I can’t seem to create any recipes that are not green! Technically, witches are green…and so are Frankenstein and toxic waste. Or maybe it’s just because green is one of my favorite colors. Whatever the reason may be, this Poisoned Apple Cocktail…..
is a gorgeous shade of green, lol. They are a bit tart, have a slight kick, and then some fun bubbles to lighten them up. This is not a sweet cocktail, it is definitely more tart than sweet.Channel your inner witch and serve your guests a Poisoned Apple Cocktail at your next party!Click To Tweet
If it was not 4 weeks before Halloween this Poisoned Apple Cocktail would have been called a Salted Caramel Apple Cocktail……
This content may include some affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
I also realized that not everyone is going to buy these cute little ball flask science experiment glasses just to make this drink. Apparently I am the only person crazy enough to do that. 😉 So I decided to show the cocktail in two different ways and make it a year round drink, maybe? I vote yes!
I bought my glass beaker at Michael’s, but if they are sold out you can find it here on Amazon. If not, a glass pitcher will work just fine. Can you tell how excited I am about Halloween?
As with most cocktail recipes, you simply pour all of the ingredients into a pitcher and stir to combine. The actual serving amount will vary by the size of your glasses, but 4 to 6 seemed like a good guess.
Now before all of you avid Disney fans point out that poisoned apples are red and not green, I am well aware. Unfortunately, apple soda only comes in green. Poisoned orange or strawberry just wouldn’t have had the same ring to it. 😉
- I used Pearl Apple Pie vodka because that is what I have on hand. Any apple vodka will do.
- I could buy Pearl Caramel vodka in Iowa, but I can’t find it here in Arizona, so my only option was Stoli Salted Karamel. Again, any caramel vodka will work.
- When did Stolichnaya switch to Stoli®???
- Make sure you chill your vodka and soda before you make your drink.
- Have some extra sodas on hand in case the cocktail is too strong, simply add more soda to each glass if needed.
- I added the ice cubes to make bubbles for the pictures, they are optional.
Here are some other options for your cocktail drinking pleasure…..
A Caramel Apple Martini without gooey caramel sauce.
Polyjuice Potion Cocktail punch for a party
How about a Liquefied Ghost Martini?
Well I think we have cocktails covered for the Halloween party. Enjoy!!
Poisoned Apple Cocktail
|Serves||4 to 6*|
|Prep time||5 minutes|
- 2 Twelve ounce bottles Jones Green Apple Soda (chilled)
- 1 1/4 cup Stoli® Salted Karamel Vodka (chilled)
- 1/2 cup Pearl® Apple Pie Vodka (chilled)
- apple slices (to garnish)
|Pour all ingredients into a serving pitcher and stir to combine.|
|Pour into glasses and garnish with apple slices if desired.|
|Ice cubes are optional, but they do make the drink bubble.|
*the amount of servings is just a guess and will depend on the size of your serving glasses.
This recipe will be partying at these link parties!