This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
I Lisa, do hereby promise..... no more bite sized foods, at least not until Chinese New Year's. You know you want some Dairy-free Crab Rangoons, am I right? Oh wait, we are here to talk about these quick and easy Mocha Pie Bites.
As much as I love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter, I cannot pass up the combination of chocolate and espresso. It's hard to believe that I used to drink a grande mocha every morning.....for 5 or 6 years! The caffeine started messing with my stomach, and now I only indulge on rare occasions. These mini pies are my latest obsession.
Ingredients needed to make this recipe:
- mini fillo shells
- individual chocolate pudding cup
- whipped cream
- chocolate sprinkles
How to make Mocha Pie Bites
Pour pudding cup into a small bowl.
Add espresso (1 teaspoon for a lighter flavor, 2 teaspoons for stronger flavor). Stir to combine.
Fill shells with 1 teaspoon of chocolate mixture.
Top with whipped cream, and sprinkle with chocolate shavings or sprinkles.
You will need to adjust the amount of espresso that you add based on your love or should I say, tolerance of espresso. I added 2 teaspoons, and they have an intense flavor, awesome, but strong.
Deep breath.....and I am done with mini foods for a while. I finished my recipes for the Athen's mini fillo shells contest, now it is time to go make a Lobster Pot Pie for dinner. At least the dessert is already done!
More delicious mini bites recipes:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Bites
- Chicken Enchilada Bites
- Barbecue Chicken Bites
- Teriyaki Chicken Bites
- Buffalo Chicken Bites
- Lemon Meringue Pie Bites
- Cheesecake Bites
- Homemade Soft Pretzel Bites - no fillo shells in this one!
Mocha Pie Bites
- 1 individual chocolate pudding cup I used almond milk pudding cups, 5.8oz each
- 1 teaspoon espresso cooled
- 1 can whipped cream the spray kind, I used rice whip
- 1 package Athens mini fillo shells
- chocolate sprinkles
- Pour pudding cup into a small bowl.
- Add espresso. 1 teaspoon for a lighter flavor, 2 teaspoons for stronger flavor. Stir to combine.
- Fill shells with 1 teaspoon of chocolate mixture.
- Top with whipped cream and sprinkle with chocolate shavings or sprinkles.
- To fill shells completely, double the recipe.
- If you do not have an espresso machine, you can use double strength coffee, or you can go to a coffee shop and buy a shot of espresso.
- Do not use espresso powder, it will not dissolve!