This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
It is finally time for another Spiked! Recipe Challenge....I was going through withdrawals, how about you? I love these challenges, they really make me think and get creative. Well sometimes they make me think a little bit too much! The Spiked ingredient for this challenge is Chocolate Liqueur, so my mind went into overdrive.....
Maybe a chocolate sweet roll....or some kind of pasta with a chocolate cream sauce. Well then I broke my back molar (while eating chocolate chip cookie dough) and needed to switch to soft foods that don't need to be chewed.....Chocolate Martini Mousse it is!
It is rich and creamy, and best of all, my version is dairy-free!!! Feel free to substitute heavy cream in place of the coconut milk, it might even turn out fluffier!
How to make Chocolate Martini Mousse:
The most difficult part of this recipe, is the wait time. We start by weighing our chocolate. I used chocolate chips because that was what I had on hand.....
Now this is where things get a little crazy, so listen closely. Grab a can of coconut milk out of the pantry...the kind in a can...and open it WITHOUT shaking it. We want the cream that collects at the top.....
Scoop it out with a large spoon.....
and put it in a bowl with the chocolate.....
Place in the microwave and heat on HIGH for one minute. Stir to combine. If it is not completely melted, heat for an additional 15 seconds. Whisk in the chocolate liqueur and the vodka.....
Then set aside to cool for a bit. In the meantime, remove a second can of coconut milk from the refrigerator. Open it without shaking it, and place the solid cream into a bowl.....
Whip the cream until light and creamy. Gradually add the chocolate mixture.....
and stir to combine. Cover and chill for two to three hours.....
See how thick and luscious that is!!! To make the whipped cream topping, scoop out the coconut cream from a second chilled can and beat together with 2 Tablespoons of Godiva white chocolate liqueur.....
Just in case you were wondering - When you scoop the coconut "cream" out of the can, this is what you are left with.....
I have no idea what to do with the leftover water, so I just dump it out. If you have a use for it, let me know.
Place chocolate mousse in a martini glass, top with whipped cream, and garnish with chopped candy bars.....
I just grabbed a gourmet candy bar out of the drawer, and cut the squares diagonally.....
You could also use shaved chocolate, or chocolate sprinkles. 🙂
More delicious chocolate desserts:
- Chocolate Cream Pie - regular and dairy-free version
- Instant Pot Chocolate Lava Cakes
- Mini Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Old-Fashioned Chocolate Fudge Cake
- Double Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Stuffed Liege Waffles
Chocolate Martini Mousse
For the Mousse
- 5 ¼ ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- 7 ounces coconut cream (from one can- you will need 3 cans total)
- 2 Tablespoons Godiva chocolate liqueur
- 2 Tablespoons vodka
- 7 ounces coconut cream (from a second can - chilled)
For the Whipped Cream
- 7 ounces solid coconut cream can (from a third can - chilled)
- 2 Tablespoons Godiva white chocolate liqueur
- chopped chocolate candy bar for garnish
- Place chocolate and coconut cream in a large microwave safe bowl. Heat on HIGH for one minute. Whisk to combine.
- Stir in the chocolate liqueur and vodka. Set aside to cool.
- Scoop out the chilled coconut cream and place in a large bowl. Whip with a hand mixer.
- Slowly add the chocolate mixture to the whipped coconut cream. Stir until completely combined.
- Cover and chill for two to three hours.
- Whip chilled coconut cream with white chocolate liqueur.
- Scoop mousse into martini glasses, top with whipped cream and garnish with candy bar shards.
- Preparation time does not include chilling time.
- If you would prefer a sweeter, non-alcohol whipped cream - whip coconut cream with 1/2 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract and 2 Tablespoons of powdered sugar.