This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Summer is in full swing, and that means ripe, juicy watermelons! Now you could just slice your watermelon, or chop it up and put it in a fruit salad, but where's the fun in that? Okay, that is actually a delicious way to eat watermelon, but these Watermelon Martinis are an extra special treat.....
If you follow me on instagram, and you should. 😉 you may have noticed a couple of Juicy Watermelon Martinis pop up from girl's night out at Granite City. This is not an exact copycat, because I have already forgotten what the last one tasted like, but they're incredibly delicious non the less!!
How to make Watermelon Martinis:
First we need to make some watermelon juice....it's really simple, trust me. Cut up some watermelon into chunks and place them in a blender. You need about 2 1/2 cups of chunks.....
now Puree/Liquefy the watermelon until smooth.....
I used a seedless watermelon, but there were still seeds. So I poured my "juice" through a strainer to remove them.....
This also removed all of the pulp, so it's up to you to strain or not to strain....that is the question. 😉
Pour the watermelon juice into a cocktail shaker along with the vodka and orange liqueur.....
Shake to combine and pour into two martini glasses.....
Garnish with watermelon balls on toothpicks or watermelon wedges if desired.
Now kick back and watch the fireflies. 🙂 Do you have fireflies where you live? We didn't have them in California, at least I never saw any. Maybe they don't like smog? 😉
These Watermelon Martinis are best served chilled, so you need to:
- Chill your watermelon before cutting
- Chill your watermelon juice before making your drinks
- Shake your drink with ice cubes
More delicious watermelon cocktail recipes:
- 1 cup watermelon juice
- 1/4 cup vodka I used Absolute
- 1/4 cup orange liqueur
- watermelon to garnish optional
- Chop fresh watermelon into chunks, about 2 1/2 cups, and place in blender.
- Puree/Liquefy watermelon, then pour through a strainer to remove seeds if desired.
- Place 1 cup of watermelon juice, orange liqueur, and vodka in a cocktail shaker. Shake to combine.
- Pour into 2 martini glasses and garnish with watermelon balls or wedges.