Jameson Ginger and Lime
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Last Updated on May 2, 2023 by Lisa Johnson
Jameson, Ginger and Lime is a classic Irish cocktail that combines the smooth, rich flavor of Jameson Irish whiskey with the spicy, sweet notes of ginger ale and tart lime juice, for a refreshing drink that is sure to please any whiskey lover.
It’s a perfect choice for those who enjoy whiskey but prefer a lighter and more approachable taste, and it’s easy to make – just mix the ingredients together and you have a delicious drink in no time!
Check out this Irish Pub Food page for even more delicious Irish food and cocktail recipes.
When I was growing up, I was not allowed to wear green on St. Patrick’s Day. “That is for the Irish, that are Catholic…not the British who are Protestant and wear orange.” I never let that stop me though, I always found a way to wear at least one small bit of green somewhere…anywhere!
Last year my mom became fascinated by the DNA profiles on ancestry.com and she ordered kits for everyone. Let’s just say things did not turn out the way she expected! It turns out that my mom is 62% Irish, NOT British like she expected. In fact, I am 1% more British than she is!!
I for one am more than willing to show my 61% Irish pride and have created this Jameson & Ginger in tribute to all of my Irish ancestors. I decided to stick with a traditional cocktail this year, not a crazy green dyed concoction…but it does have a green hue to it and the lime wedge will keep you from getting pinched.
This cocktail would most likely be served in a high ball glass, but I do not have one so I used a short whiskey glass instead.
How to make a Jameson, Ginger Ale and Lime
Fill a cocktail glass with ice. Add the whiskey, lime juice, and ginger ale.
Stir to combine and garnish with a lime wheel or wedge.
Whether you’re hosting a St. Patrick’s Day party or just want to enjoy an evening with friends, Jameson, Ginger and Lime will make you feel like you are in Ireland!
- This Jameson and Ginger is a bit less than half alcohol, so it’s not a potent drink by any means…but it goes down very smoothly and is bound to get you into a wee bit of trouble if you’re hanging out with some rowdy Leprechauns. Drink Responsibly!!
- I was looking around for name ideas for this drink and came across an Irish Buck, a Skinny Ginger, even an Irish Mule that all have some combination of the same exact ingredients. I originally decided to go with Jameson & Ginger to keep things simple, but just recently found the official name – Jameson, Ginger & Lime recipe on the Jameson website.
Jameson Whiskey Drinks
- Traditional Irish Coffee
- Irish Mule – Jameson Whiskey and Ginger Beer
St. Patrick’s Day recipes
- Irish Potato Nachos
- Irish Pub Burger with whiskey aioli
- Classic Shepherd’s Pie with Lamb
- Fisherman’s Pie
- Instant Pot Beef and Barley Stew
- Boozy Shamrock Shake
- Boozy Shamrock Shake Cupcakes for dessert!
If you love this recipe, please rate it five stars and help me share on facebook and to help other readers in our community!
Jameson & Ginger
- 1 ounce Jameson® Irish Whiskey
- .25 ounce fresh lime juice juice of one large lime wedge
- 3 ounces ginger ale
- lime wheels to garnish
- Fill a cocktail glass with ice.
- Add the whiskey, squeeze in the lime juice, and top off with ginger ale.
- Stir to combine and garnish with a lime wheel or wedge.
Adding ginger ale is super smart! I bet this tastes incredible. We already enjoy Jameson so having another way to prepare it is just a bonus. Thanks for the recipe!
Please excuse the late date on this reply, as I only just now ran across this article looking for summer drinks for boating. Now….to the point of my comment:
Rest assured that your Jameson & Ginger drink is served in Ireland, for we drank the very same at the bar in the Jameson Distillery in Dublin in March of 2018.
Be well…..and SLAINTE’