This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Top ‘o the morning to ya’! We will be taking a break from all of the healthy food today for an Irish cocktail that would make your Irish ancestors proud, even if you are not Irish. This Jameson & Ginger is light and refreshing with a wee hint of Irish Whiskey rolling down the back of your throat…..
When I was growing up, I was not allowed to wear green on St. Patrick’s Day. That is for the Irish, that are Catholic…not the British who are Protestant and wear orange. I never let that stop me though, I always found a way to wear at least one article of green somewhere…anywhere! 😉
Last year my mom became fascinated by the DNA profiles on ancestry.com and she ordered kits for everyone. She got a kit for my dad for his birthday, and then she had one sent to me for Christmas. Let’s just say things did not turn out the way she expected, lol It turns out that my mom is 62% Irish, NOT British like she expected. In fact, I am 1% more British than she is!!
I for one am more than willing to show my 61% Irish pride and have created this Jameson & Ginger in tribute to all of my Irish ancestors. I decided to stick with a traditional cocktail this year, not a green dyed concoction…but it does have a green hue to it and the lime wedge will keep you from getting pinched. 😉
How do you make a Jameson & Ginger?
Fill a cocktail glass with ice. This cocktail would most likely be served in a “Collins” glass, but I do not have one so I went with a short cocktail glass instead.
Add the whiskey, lime juice, and ginger ale.
Stir to combine and garnish with a lime wheel or wedge.
- This Jameson & Ginger is a bit less than half alcohol, so it’s not a potent drink by any means…but it goes down very smoothly and is bound to get you into a wee bit of trouble if you’re hanging out with some rowdy Leprechauns. Drink Responsibly!!
- To be honest, I’m not exactly sure if this drink exists in Ireland. I was looking around for ideas and came across an Irish Buck, a Skinny Ginger, even an Irish Mule that all have some combination of the same exact ingredients. I decided to go with Jameson & Ginger to keep things simple…simple is good.
More Irish Cocktail recipes:
Boozy Shamrock Shake Cupcakes…..just in case you need some solid food in between cocktails. 😉
Jameson & Ginger
- 1 1/2 ounces Jameson® Irish Whiskey
- 1/4 ounce fresh lime juice
- 2 ounces ginger ale
- lime wheels to garnish
- Fill a cocktail glass with ice.
- Add the whiskey, lime juice, and ginger ale.
- Stir to combine and garnish with a lime wheel or wedge.