This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
This dairy-free Raspberry Thyme Ice Cream recipe is a perfect summertime treat. It is refreshing dessert with fresh fruit and herbs that everyone loves! It is vegan, dairy-free, and guilt free...it is made with fruit after all.
Why you should make this recipe:
Fresh raspberries contain high levels of assorted vitamins and minerals needed for healthy body functions, including potassium, calcium, lutein and zeaxanthin. Raspberries are extremely high in various antioxidants, and help with inflammation.
So why on earth did I pair raspberries with thyme? Thyme contains a variety of bioflavinoids and volatile oils that have powerful anti-oxidant properties. Thyme is also a powerful antiseptic and antibacterial agent which helps with all around good health. Now add in that thyme is a very good source of calcium, iron, manganese, chromium, vitamin K and fiber, and I have created ice cream that is good for your health!
*Nothing written here on this blog should be taken as medical advice. Please consult your physician before eating this ice cream for breakfast, lunch, and dinner just because I said it was healthy.*
How to make Raspberry Thyme Ice Cream
Start by pureeing the raspberries in a food processor.
Add the coconut milk, thyme leaves, agave nectar, vanilla, and sea salt.
Process until smooth and well combined.
Pour into the bowl of an ice cream maker, and process according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Mine takes about 20 minutes.
Pour into a freezer safe container.
Freeze until ready to serve.
You may want to test the flavor before adding the entire 1 tablespoon of vanilla, and adjust to your tastes. I wanted to mask the flavor of the coconut milk and liked the results. You may prefer to coconut flavor, or a more subtle vanilla flavor.
Recipe Notes & Tips
Feel free to substitute half and half for the coconut milk if you are not looking for a dairy-free or vegan dessert.
More Gemini meal recipes:
Tools used to create this recipe:
More dairy-free Ice Cream recipes:
- Lemon Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Blueberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
- Pistachio Ice Cream
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Piña Colada Ice Cream
- Tiramisu Ice Cream
- Limoncello Tiramisu Ice Cream
- Vegan Chocolate Walnut Fudge Ice Cream
If you love this recipe, please rate it five stars and help me share on facebook and to help other readers in our community!
Raspberry Thyme Ice Cream
- 12 ounces fresh raspberries
- 3 cups full-fat coconut milk can
- 2 Tablespoons chopped, fresh thyme leaves
- 3/4 cups agave nectar maple syrup, honey
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Place raspberries in the bowl of a food processor, process until smooth.
- Add the coconut milk, agave nectar, thyme, vanilla, and salt. Blend to combine.
- Pour mixture into ice cream maker, and process according to manufacture's instructions.
- Place in a freezer safe container, and freeze until ready to serve.