This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
What is the perfect picnic food? Sandwiches! I grew up eating sandwiches on picnics whether we were at the beach, lake, or the middle of nowhere. They are easy to make, easy to transport, and easy to eat… because they don’t require utensils! I wrapped these Turkey on Ciabatta with Sun-dried Tomato Aioli, Arugula, and Provolone sandwiches in regular parchment paper and tied it up with baker’s twine…..
I may have mentioned in the past, that I do not like raw tomatoes. Well this Sun-dried Tomato Aioli is the perfect way to add a zesty tomato flavor to your sandwiches, without the mess of sliced tomatoes…..
And here is the actual sandwich…..
How to make Turkey on Ciabatta with Sun-dried Tomato Aioli:
I purchased a loaf of Ciabatta bread, but rolls would also work really well. I sliced the bread into approximately 2-inch slices…..
Then sliced them in half horizontally. Spread both sides of the bread with the Sun-dried Tomato Aioli…..
Add about 6 slices (or a handful) of sliced turkey…..
Top with a slice of provolone cheese…..
and a handful of arugula lettuce…..
Place the top slice of bread on the sandwich and serve…..
Yes, I made my sandwich upside down, but it was still quite delicious! 😉 While I was making the sandwich, it seemed like a huge amount of turkey. Now it all seems to have disappeared, lol.
More delicious sandwich recipes:
- Turkey Apple Panini
- Turkey Croissant Sandwich
- Bacon Turkey Bravo Sandwich
- Italian Club Sandwiches
- California Chicken Club
Wouldn’t it be nice to share this picnic with Richie, his guitar and that awesome smile?
A girl can dream. 😉
Turkey on Ciabatta with Sun-dried Tomato Aioli
- 1 loaf Ciabatta bread or 4 Ciabatta rolls
- 1/2 pound sliced turkey
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 2 cups arugula lettuce
Sun-dried Tomato Aioli
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes oil packed
- 1 Tablespoon oil from the jar
- 1 large clove garlic pressed or finely minced
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
Sun-dried Tomato Aioli
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until creamy and well combined.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
For the Sandwiches
- Slice bread into 2" sections, then slice in half horizontally.
- Spread both sides of bread with sun-dried tomato aioli.
- Add 6 slices of turkey, or more if you like.
- Add a slice of provolone and top with arugula lettuce.
- Add top slice of bread, and serve.