This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Grinch Martini is the perfect green cocktail recipe to serve your holiday party guests! It is simple to make with vanilla vodka, crème de menthe, and Godiva chocolate liqueur with a cherry garnish.
Check out the Holiday Martinis page for even more festive, easy to whip up martini recipes for any holiday gathering throughout the year!
You may have noticed that this drink does not contain Midori. 1) I do not like the taste of Midori. 2) a Christmas cocktail should taste like mint, not honeydew melon, at least in my mind.
What you will need to make a Grinch-tini:
- Vanilla Vodka – this is the base of the drink and the flavor blends perfectly with the chocolate and mint flavors.
- Godiva White Chocolate Liqueur – this is a thick, creamy liqueur with a strong chocolate flavor. This gives the drink its depth and cloudy opacity.
- Crème de Menthe – gives this drink a nice peppermint flavor and the first layer of green coloring. Contrary to the name, there is no cream in this liqueur. It also comes in a clear version if desperate, just adjust the amount of coloring to get the right shade of green.
- Electric Green gel coloring – is my favorite shade of yellow-green to use when creating Grinch recipes.
- Cake Drip – this is an icing product that you heat in the microwave and drizzle over a cake, cookies, or the rim of a martini glass.
- Maraschino Cherries are used to symbolize The Grinch’s much too small heart.
How to make a Grinch martini with vodka:
The first step is to pour cake drip around the rim of your martini glasses. It needs time to dry, so you might want to do this the day before.
Important Tip: the cake drip will continue to run down the glass if you do not tilt and move the glass in a spiral, downward motion until it starts to set.
Add two drops of green coloring in vodka in a small container, stir to dissolve.
Place ice cubes in a bar glass or cocktail shaker. Pour in the green vodka, chocolate liqueur, and crème de menthe.
Stir with a bar spoon to combine. Adjust the color if needed.
Pour into the prepared martini glasses and garnish with two maraschino cherries on a cocktail pick. Serve immediately.
This cocktail would also be perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!
🍸Tools used to create this recipe:
You can see the rest of my favorite kitchen tools and gadgets here in my Amazon Affiliate Page. I earn a small commission when you purchase through my links, at no cost to you, so I can keep bringing you more delicious recipes!
🎄More Grinch recipes:
- Grinch Snowball Cookies – with pistachios and dried cranberries.
- Grinch Sugar Cookies – no chilling or rolling required!
- Grinch Fudge Topped Brownies
- Grinch Punch with alcohol or without
- Puppy Chow – we can’t forget Max!
- Grinch Hot Chocolate – naughty or nice
- Grinch Hot Chocolate Bombs – they are great for gifts!
- Grinch Popcorn – who can say no to chocolate covered popcorn?
- Grinch Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
- Grinch Fudge in a Jar
If you love this recipe, please rate it five stars and help me share on facebook and to help other readers in our community!
- 2 ounces vanilla vodka I used Absolut
- 1 ounce green crème de menthe
- 1 ounce Godiva white chocolate liqueur
- electric green gel food coloring
- ice cubes to chill your cocktail
- The first step is to pour cake drip around the rim of your martini glasses. It needs time to dry, so you might want to do this the day before.
- Add two drops of green coloring in vodka in a small container, stir to dissolve.
- Place ice cubes in a bar glass or cocktail shaker. Pour in the green vodka, chocolate liqueur, and crème de menthe.
- Stir with a bar spoon to combine. Adjust the color if needed.
- Pour into the prepared martini glasses and garnish with two maraschino cherries on a cocktail pick. Serve immediately.