This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
The Dark Mark Martini is a cocktail inspired by the Harry Potter movies. The dark mark appears high in the sky shaped from clouds as a colossal, glittering green light that forms a skull with a snake protruding from its mouth.
Check out the Holiday Martinis page for even more festive, easy to whip up martini recipes for any holiday gathering throughout the year!
There is no snake in this cocktail, but I did achieve dark and creepy!
What is The Dark Mark?
The dark mark is the sign of Lord Voldemort and is used to summon his Death Eaters (followers). It refers to both the magically induced brand (tattoo) that every death eater has on his or her left forearm, as well as the symbol summoned in the sky by the Morsmordre spell.
The mark represents immortality and power, the two things that Voldemort wants more than anything!
📋 Recipe Ingredients
- Irish Whiskey
- Blue Curaçao
- Edible Glitter
- Ice in a cocktail shaker
- Skull Ice Cube Mold
- Martini Glasses
You can see the rest of my favorite kitchen tools and gadgets here in my Amazon Affiliate Page. I earn a small commission when you purchase through my links, at no cost to you, so I can keep bringing you more delicious recipes!
💀How to make The Dark Mark Martini
Pour the whiskey, blue curaçao, chambord and edible glitter into a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake to chill.
Strain into a martini glass.
Place the skull ice cube in the center and serve immediately.
🍸What does this cocktail taste like?
The first thing that popped into my head was "tutti frutti". Blue Curaçao is an orange liqueur, Chambord is black raspberry flavored, and the Irish whiskey adds some depth.
It is a sweet drink with a definite kick to it!
🍽️ Serving Suggestions
🔷 Recipe Notes & Tips:
- I placed a plastic ice cube in the center of the martini glass and set the skull on top to keep it from flipping on its side.
- Make your skull ice cubes at least 24 hours in advance!
🎃 Fun Halloween Cocktail recipes:
- Dumbledore's Pensieve Cocktail
- Butter Beer Cocktail
- Polyjuice Potion Punch
- Poisoned Apple Cocktail
- Liquified Ghost Martini
- Jack O Lantern Cocktail
- Witches Brew Cocktail Punch
If you love this recipe, please rate it five stars and help me share on facebook and to help other readers in our community!
The Dark Mark Martini
- Cocktail Shaker
- 1.5 ounce Irish Whiskey I used Jameson
- 0.5 ounce Blue Curacao
- 0.5 ounce Chambord raspberry liqueur
- a pinch edible glitter
- skull ice cube make 24 hours in advance
- Pour the whiskey, blue curaçao, chambord and edible glitter into a cocktail shaker. Add ice and shake to chill.
- Strain into a martini glass.
- Place the skull ice cube in the center and serve immediately.