This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
The Sorcerer’s Stone Cocktail is a magical, swirling red party drink made with whiskey, spiced rum, Italian liqueur, cranberry juice, and shimmer dust. Inspired by the Harry Potter series, this elixir of life may not make you immortal but it will make you quite popular with your party guests!
Check out these Harry Potter Party Ideas for even more cocktail and food recipes.
Are you still fascinated by the enchantment of the Harry Potter books and movies? I still watch the movies several times each year which helped inspire these magical Harry Potter Cocktails: Dumbledore’s Pensieve Cocktail, The Dark Mark Martini, Polyjuice Potion, and Butter Beer Cocktail.
What you will need
- Whiskey – I used Jameson but any good quality whiskey will work.
- Spiced Rum is simply a rum that has been flavored with vanilla, cinnamon, cloves, ginger and cardamom.
- Italian Liqueur is a sweet liqueur that originated in Saronno, Italy. It has an almond-like flavor that is served alone or mixed into drinks.
- 100% pure Cranberry Juice give this drink it’s red color and fruity flavor.
- Shimmer dust or edible glitter adds a bit of magic to this cocktail. Feel free to leave it out if you need to.
- I purchased these fun glasses that look like a gemstone, but any whiskey glass will work.
Be sure to check out the detailed printable recipe card below
How to make a Sorcerer’s Stone Cocktail
Fill a glass with ice and set aside.
Place 3 or 4 ice cubes in a cocktail shaker. Add the whiskey, spiced rum, liqueur, and cranberry juice. Shake to combine.
Add the shimmer dust and stir to combine with a cocktail spoon.
Pour into the ice filled glass and serve immediately.
It is difficult to see the shimmer dust through the condensation, but it is in there. I would like to think that Nicolas Flamel would be happy enjoy a glass or two, even though it does not give the person who possesses it immortality or the ability to turn any metal into pure gold.
Tools used to create this recipe
You can see the rest of my favorite kitchen tools and gadgets here in my Amazon Affiliate Page. I earn a small commission when you purchase through my links, at no cost to you, so I can keep bringing you more delicious recipes!
- Cocktail Shaker – I only use the glass one above for the images, it leaks!
- Cocktail Spoon
- Jigger/Measuring Glass
- Gemstone Glasses
- Diamond Dust
More fun Halloween cocktail recipes
- Poisoned Apple Cocktail
- Liquified Ghost Martini
- Jack O’ Lantern Cocktail
- Witches Brew Cocktail – it’s not green, but it is delicious
- You could easily convince your friends that this Pumpkintini is “pumpkin juice”.
If you love this recipe, please rate it five stars and help me share on facebook and to help other readers in our community!
Sorcerer’s Stone Cocktail
- ice cubes
- 1 ounce Whiskey like Jameson
- 1 ounce Amaretto liqueur like Disaronno
- 0.5 ounce Spiced Gold Rum like Captain Morgan
- 5 ounces pure cranberry juice
- 0.5 teaspoon silver or diamond dust
- Fill a glass with ice and set aside. Place 3 or 4 ice cubes in a cocktail shaker.
- Add the whiskey, spiced rum, liqueur, and cranberry juice. Shake to combine.
- Add the shimmer dust and stir to combine with a cocktail spoon.
- Pour into the ice filled glass and serve immediately.