This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Last Updated on September 9, 2019 by Lisa Johnson
It is time for my Southwest Chicken Salad Summer version to make an appearance. What makes the summer version different? Well there are two things actually, mangoes and creamy cilantro lime dressing! That’s right, mangoes are nice and ripe this time of year and add a new twist to this salad…..
The creamy cilantro lime dressing is lighter and tangier to compliment the sweet mangoes. Doesn’t this black bean salsa with the mangoes look delicious? And this is the Cream Cilantro Lime Dressing that ties it all together…..
it makes the perfect light summer meal…..
and it is super fast to prepare if you use rotisserie chicken. Sometimes I crush tortilla chips on top just for fun!
How to make a Southwest Chicken Salad for Summer:
For the Salsa:
Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the Dressing:
Place all ingredients together in the bowl of a food processor, and puree until smooth. Taste and adjust as necessary. Pour into a covered container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
To assemble the salad:
Place lettuce in a large bowl or serving platter. Place shredded chicken on top of lettuce.
Sprinkle the salsa over the chicken, and drizzle with dressing…..
Soooo, does that dressing look a bit strange to you? Yep, I forgot to add the mayonnaise this time when I took the new pictures. It was really delicious without if you want to leave it out, lol
Some additional Southwest Salad recipes for you to try:
Southwest Chicken Salad Spring – with avocado and Creamy Guacamole Dressing
Southwest Chicken Salad Fall – with roasted corn and sweet potatoes and Chipotle Ranch Dressing
Southwest Chicken Salad Winter – with pomegranate seeds and Orange Cilantro Dressing
Tex-Mex Chopped Chicken Salad – with cheddar cheese chunks, broken tortilla chips and Ranch Dressing
If you would like to follow me on Pinterest, there is a cute little button with a “p” on it up in the right hand corner. If you would like to check out all of the information that I am collecting on my Pinterest Boards click here: cookwithcurls
Southwest Chicken Salad Summer
- ½ cup diced red bell pepper
- ½ cup diced red onion
- 1 can corn (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 fresh mango (peeled and chopped)
- 3 green onions (sliced)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
For the Salad
- 1 bag leaf lettuce (I used European Blend)
- 1 bag spring mix
- 2 cups cooked chicken (shredded)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Place all ingredients together in the bowl of a food processor, and puree until smooth. Taste and adjust as necessary. Pour into a covered container and refrigerate until ready to serve.
For the Salad
- Place lettuce in a large bowl or serving platter. Place shredded chicken on top of lettuce.
- Sprinkle the salsa over the chicken, and drizzle with dressing.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with additional dressing.
- This dressing is just as delicious without the mayonnaise if you do not want to use it.
- Rotisserie chicken works perfectly for a super fast dinner.