Southwest Chicken Wraps
This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Last Updated on April 6, 2023 by Lisa Johnson
If you’re looking for an easy, delicious meal that’s packed with flavor, then look no further than this southwest chicken wraps recipe!
This wrap combines chopped chicken, guacamole, black bean salsa, shredded romaine lettuce, and ranch dressing all wrapped up in a large flour tortilla. It’s the perfect quick and tasty meal for lunch or dinner.
If you love your food wrapped in tortillas as much as I do, you need to try these recipes too! Grilled Steak Burritos, Chicken Fajita Quesadillas, Baked Peachy Chicken Taquitos.
I cook a batch of southwest chicken breasts each week to have on hand to make southwest chicken salads or these super easy chicken wraps. The ingredients can be changed depending on your mood, so they never get boring!
What you will need
- Flour Tortillas – larger tortillas are easier to wrap, but not always easy to find. Look for large or extra-large burrito-size. Whole-wheat, low-carb, or gluten-free cassava flour tortillas work as well.
- Guacamole – this adds a creamy, flavor boost to the wraps and helps to keep the ingredients in place. Use packaged guacamole from the store to save time, or make homemade to save some money.
- Black Bean Salsa – this simple salsa recipe made with canned beans, corn, and diced red bell pepper, adds the perfect amount of flavor and texture to this simple meal.
- Chicken – any cooked chicken that is chopped or shredded will perfectly in this recipe, including store-bought rotisserie, grilled, or Instant Pot whole chicken.
- Shredded Romaine Lettuce – packed lettuce is a huge time saver on busy nights, or you can thinly slice your own.
- Ranch Dressing – the magical ingredient that brings this whole wrap together with it’s creaminess and pop of flavor, but feel free to substitute your favorite dressing.
Be sure to check out the detailed printable recipe card below
How to make Southwest Chicken Salad Wraps
Roll the tortillas in plastic wrap and heat in the microwave for 45 seconds, or until heated.
Spread three tablespoons of guacamole on the lower half of a tortilla.
Sprinkle the black bean salsa over the guacamole.
Add the chicken.
Then top with shredded lettuce and ranch dressing.
Now fold in two of the sides, then grab the third side and roll up like a burrito.
Leave whole, or cut in half and serve with tortilla chips, Sweet Potato Chips, or your favorite side.
Tools used to create this recipe
You can see the rest of my favorite kitchen tools and gadgets here in my Amazon Affiliate Page. I earn a small commission when you purchase through my links, at no cost to you, so I can keep bringing you more delicious recipes!
More delicious chicken recipes
- Instant Pot Filipino Chicken Adobo
- Mexican Arroz con Pollo
- Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Manicotti
- Skillet Chicken Cacciatore
If you love this recipe, please rate it five stars and help me share on facebook and to help other readers in our community!
Southwest Chicken Salad Wraps
Black Bean Salsa
- .25 cup diced red bell pepper
- .25 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup whole corn kernels rinsed and drained, or defrosted
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 0.5 teaspoon chili powder or more to taste
- 0.5 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 large flour tortillas heated
- 1 cup guacamole or more if needed
- 1 pound cooked chicken chopped or shredded
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 6 tablespoons ranch dressing or more if needed
Black Bean Salsa
- Place all salsa ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until needed.
- Roll the tortillas in plastic wrap and heat in the microwave for 45 seconds, or until heated.
- Spread one or two tablespoons of guacamole on the lower half of a tortilla, then sprinkle black bean salsa over the top.
- Top with chicken, shredded lettuce, and drizzle with ranch dressing.
- Fold in two of the sides, then grab the third side and roll up like a burrito.
- Leave whole, or cut in half and serve with tortilla chips, Sweet Potato Chips, or your favorite side.
Lisa, this wrap looks absolutely delicious! Not only would this be great for dinner but I love it for lunch to – always need a fresh non-boring lunch idea! 🙂 Thanks for sharing and pined – happy Monday!
These chicken salad wraps look so delicious! I love wrap sandwiches and am always looking for new ones to try!
Thank you Julie. 🙂
Just that photo of the chicken alone makes me hungry. I love the versatility of this recipe. You could certainly serve this to a crowd, which I love!
Thank you Seana! You’re right, the recipe is a bit deceiving. It makes waaaaay more than just the 4 wraps, LOL I should probably fix that!
Mmmmm-mmmmm! This is my kinda wrap! 🙂 Even though you didn’t get a sunset shot, it sounds like you had a wonderful time!! I could waste the whole day by the lake – no internet needed! 🙂
Thank you Jamie, I did have a wonderful time!
Lisa, I absolutely LOVE it up there in Coeur D’Alene! The trees are so gorgeous. You will have to go up one year on Christmas or in July when all of the (very pricey and elegant) wooden boats are on display at the marina. Very breathtaking… especially when the Christmas lights all decked out on them!
Loving your southwest versions of everything… definitely making these wraps!
That sounds awesome Gloria! My parents won’t be there for Christmas this year, maybe next year I’ll be able to go for Christmas. 🙂 If I hadn’t been sneezing the entire time I was there, I would have moved there. I love the trees and mountains!!
Glad you had a lovely time, Lisa
Thank you Carole! 🙂
Yeah…..one screen would NOT cut it. Best to just give up and enjoy yourself!! This wrap looks awesome, Lisa! SO easy to enjoy!! 🙂
Haha, that’s what I thought Cathy. 🙂 Thanks so much!!