This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
If you’re looking for an easy, delicious meal that’s packed with flavor, then look no further than this southwest chicken wraps recipe!
This wrap combines chopped chicken, guacamole, black bean salsa, shredded romaine lettuce, and ranch dressing all wrapped up in a large flour tortilla. It’s the perfect quick and tasty meal for lunch or dinner.
I cook a batch of southwest chicken breasts each week to have on hand to make southwest chicken salads or these super easy chicken wraps. The ingredients can be changed depending on your mood, so they never get boring!
What you will need
- Flour Tortillas – larger tortillas are easier to wrap, but not always easy to find. Look for large or extra-large burrito-size. Whole-wheat, low-carb, or gluten-free cassava flour tortillas work as well.
- Guacamole – this adds a creamy, flavor boost to the wraps and helps to keep the ingredients in place. Use packaged guacamole from the store to save time, or make homemade to save some money.
- Black Bean Salsa – this simple salsa recipe made with canned beans, corn, and diced red bell pepper, adds the perfect amount of flavor and texture to this simple meal.
- Chicken – any cooked chicken that is chopped or shredded will perfectly in this recipe, including store-bought rotisserie, grilled, or Instant Pot whole chicken.
- Shredded Romaine Lettuce – packed lettuce is a huge time saver on busy nights, or you can thinly slice your own.
- Ranch Dressing – the magical ingredient that brings this whole wrap together with it’s creaminess and pop of flavor, but feel free to substitute your favorite dressing.
Be sure to check out the detailed printable recipe card below
How to make Southwest Chicken Salad Wraps
Roll the tortillas in plastic wrap and heat in the microwave for 45 seconds, or until heated.
Spread three tablespoons of guacamole on the lower half of a tortilla.
Sprinkle the black bean salsa over the guacamole.
Add the chicken.
Then top with shredded lettuce and ranch dressing.
Now fold in two of the sides, then grab the third side and roll up like a burrito.
Leave whole, or cut in half and serve with tortilla chips, Sweet Potato Chips, or your favorite side.
Tools used to create this recipe
You can see the rest of my favorite kitchen tools and gadgets here in my Amazon Affiliate Page. I earn a small commission when you purchase through my links, at no cost to you, so I can keep bringing you more delicious recipes!
More delicious chicken recipes
- Instant Pot Filipino Chicken Adobo
- Mexican Arroz con Pollo
- Chicken Alfredo Stuffed Manicotti
- Skillet Chicken Cacciatore
If you love this recipe, please rate it five stars and help me share on facebook and to help other readers in our community!
Southwest Chicken Salad Wraps
Black Bean Salsa
- .25 cup diced red bell pepper
- .25 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 cup whole corn kernels rinsed and drained, or defrosted
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 0.5 teaspoon chili powder or more to taste
- 0.5 teaspoon sea salt
- 6 large flour tortillas heated
- 1 cup guacamole or more if needed
- 1 pound cooked chicken chopped or shredded
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 6 tablespoons ranch dressing or more if needed
Black Bean Salsa
- Place all salsa ingredients in a large bowl and stir to combine. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator until needed.
- Roll the tortillas in plastic wrap and heat in the microwave for 45 seconds, or until heated.
- Spread one or two tablespoons of guacamole on the lower half of a tortilla, then sprinkle black bean salsa over the top.
- Top with chicken, shredded lettuce, and drizzle with ranch dressing.
- Fold in two of the sides, then grab the third side and roll up like a burrito.
- Leave whole, or cut in half and serve with tortilla chips, Sweet Potato Chips, or your favorite side.