This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, please visit my disclosure page.
Create the ultimate Cinco de Mayo fiesta filled with delicious food and good times! This festive holiday is a time to enjoy the flavors and traditions of Mexican culture. And what better way to do that than by cooking up some delicious Mexican food?
Check out Mexican Recipes for even more delicious food and drink ideas!
Cinco de Mayo is a festive holiday that is the perfect opportunity to bring friends and family together to enjoy good food and drinks! From nachos to margaritas to shredded beef tacos, there are plenty of delicious recipes on the list that everyone will enjoy!
What is Cinco de Mayo?
Cinco de Mayo, which means “fifth of May” in Spanish, is a holiday that celebrates the Mexican army’s victory over the French at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. While this holiday is a minor one in Mexico, it has become a popular celebration in the United States, particularly in areas with large Mexican-American populations.
Popular Cinco de Mayo Drinks
These are just a few popular drinks that you can enjoy on Cinco de Mayo. Don’t forget to have some cold cervezas on ice too. No matter what you choose, be sure to enjoy your drinks responsibly and have a happy and safe celebration!
Cinco de Mayo Appetizers
Delicious little bites of food are the perfect way to start your fiesta. They can be served as a meal or to entice your tastebuds for the meal to come. While nachos are not traditionally served in Mexico, they are a Cinco de Mayo favorite here in America!
Favorite Mexican Entrées
From sizzling fajitas to crispy tacos to tender and spicy red chile pork, these mouth-watering entrees will have everyone going back for seconds!
No Cinco de Mayo feast would be complete with some tasty side dishes to round out the meal. From Mexican rice to refried beans to a classic Caesar salad, they are all easy to make and full of flavor.
Delicious Cinco de Mayo Desserts
Make sure your save room for dessert! These tasty treats are the perfect compliment to to your meal, and every celebration deserves something sweet.
Cinco de Mayo Party Tips
Even though Cinco de Mayo is celebrated more in the U.S. than in Mexico, I love a good party and it’s the perfect way to share amazing food with loved ones!
- Guest list – plan early so your can get an idea of how many people are coming and if they have any special food requirements; allergies, etc.
- Menu – once you know how many people are coming, you can figure out the menu. Are you preparing all of the food, or will this be a potluck?
- Setting the mood – find or order any decorations, games, music playlist, or entertainment that you are planning.
- Party schedule – plan out everything that can be done in advance. Prepare any foods that can be made ahead and frozen. Chop ingredients and store in the refrigerator to make food prep easier the day of the party.
- Set the table – do this the night before, as well as any decorating that you wish to do. Pull out all of the plates, serving dishes, and utensils so there won’t be any surprises. This will also give you a chance to ask guests to bring anything that you may not have; extra crockpot to keep food warm, extra chairs, etc.
Be sure to choose beautiful, vibrant colors for your decorations and clothing. Colors like red, green, blue, turquoise, bright yellow and orange set a festive tone for your party.
The more that you plan and prep ahead of time, the more free time you will have to relax and enjoy your Cinco de Mayo fiesta!!